Chapter Three

Once again, the elevator doors opened as soon as they hit the next floor. (Y/n)'s sight was blurry from crying, so she wiped her tears away and looked up at the floor level.

B4.

(Y/n) sniffled a bit then stood, trying to recollect herself. Her chest was hurting from running so much and her legs felt weak. She knew that it wouldn't take much for the next psychopath to kill her, but tried not to be so pessimistic. After all, there was always hope that she would make it through this. She couldn't give up.

Her body was trembling as she slowly made her way out of the elevator, feeling unnerved by the dead silence that surrounded her. It smelled of dirt and chemicals, presumably from the ponds that ran down a long hallway. It was freezing on this level, (Y/n)'s face growing colder and colder with every step she took.

"There must be some type of refrigeration unit here...why is it so chilly?" she pondered to herself, holding her arms close to her chest. Her newly dried tears didn't help the breeze either.

The hallway then reached a large graveyard, labeled "graveyard 1." The graves were beautifully made with delicate touches, such as flowers carved into the stone and whatnot. (Y/n) approached them to read the names and dates, finding that they were dated from two years ago until now. Some were so fresh that the soil was still noticeably moved.

Pausing for a moment, (Y/n) tried to comprehend what she was seeing. Beautiful graves made with care in a place like this? The first psychopath was trying to slice her to bits, the second one suspicious and desperate to see her eyes. It couldn't be either of them who made these.

Slowly, (Y/n) made her way past the graves and began looking for the next elevator. Down another narrow hallway, there was another graveyard labeled "graveyard 2." Once again, the graves were dated from two years ago until now.

"So...this has been going on for two years? All these poor people...were brutally murdered by these psychopaths?" (Y/n) hated the thought of people suffering for no apparent reason but blood lust. "How terrible...who could do such a thing...?"

Her eyes then locked onto two metal doors on each side of the room. Both in which were locked. After checking the two doors, she decided to investigate the crack in the wall she had spotted from across the graves.

Her heart pounded as she crept towards the crack, slipping through to find that there was an actual room in there. It had tools and papers scattered about, along with a wooden dresser that had clothes inside. Overalls, gloves, and a very strange, small, burlap mask.

She shut the cabinet then turned to the tools, seeing that they were used quite often with dirt and cracks scattered across them. The papers had lovely grave designs with miscalculated math, being wrinkled and ripped. What amazed her the most was that the handwriting was bubbly and big, almost like someone her age wrote it.

Instead of leaving the room in disarray, she picked the wrinkled papers up and began piling them into a stack on the table. After all, the grave designs didn't look half bad.

After doing so, she then approached another metal door that was on the left side of the room. It was locked, as she suspected. With a sigh, she looked around once again to find any clues of a key. Instead of finding one though, she began to realize that the papers that were already neatly stacked on the table had a pattern in the calculations.

It then became clear that the pattern led to a switch behind one of the graves. (Y/n) memorized where the switch was, going back out into the graveyard to find it. When she did, she quickly hit it only to hear the metal door beep from inside the hole in the wall.

"It worked..." she murmured, standing up and dusting of the dirt that was now on her pants. "Aha! Even though I suck at math, I did that right! Score!" she chirped, clenching her hands into fists and cheering.

(Y/n) then marched into the back room once more, opening the metal door happily before realizing it was completely dark on the other side. She took another look around the room, finding a flashlight with low batteries. "This will do for now..."

With a deep breath, (Y/n) began to walk into the darkness feeling nothing but the cold air that surrounded her. She brushed her hand up against the brick wall, making her way down a long hall. Soon enough, she found herself in a library of some sort. The room was still dark except for her dim flashlight, but she could make out a shelf of books and a table in front of her.

Her hands trembled as she looked around the room one more time, trying to see if there was a psychopath in there. (Y/n)'s dim light then flickered as she landed on a pair of black boots. However, they were filled. (Y/n) couldn't help but to let out a gasp and drop the flashlight, finding herself in completely darkness.

A cold silence surrounded her.

(Y/n) fell to her knees and began searching for the fallen flashlight, only for it to be picked up and handed to her. In one panicked movement, she grabbed the flashlight from the oddly soft hand and shined it onto the figure. Expecting a ruthless and horrible serial killer, she held her breath, closed her eyes and waited for the impact of a weapon. However, she was met with a cute giggle.

"Hehe, just then, you made a really pretty face, (Y/n)!"

(Y/n) opened her eyes after realizing that this figure was someone her age, hearing the lights flicker on and illuminating the boy in front of her. Her eyes widened as her mouth went dry. "W-Who...are you...?" she managed to drag the sentence out, her lips quivering from being cold and scared.

Her eyes were locked on a boy with a burlap mask, blue overalls that seemed a bit oversized for him with a white undershirt, black boots that she had spotted earlier, and a vibrant red scarf that was wrapped around his neck. He carried a shovel with a rough point at the end that was splattered with blood, causing (Y/n) to lose all hope that he was another sacrifice like herself.

"Ah, a lovely daisy like you wants to know my name? You can call me Eddie! It's nice to meet you, (Y/n)!" the boy, supposedly named Eddie, lets out another sweet and innocent laughter, which soothed the frightened girl quite a bit.

"Eddie...? W-Well...what are you doing here...? This place is full of..." (Y/n) couldn't bring herself to say it. "murderers..."

Eddie didn't seem phased about this at all. He kind of shrugged it off like an everyday thing, which caused (Y/n) to grow more concerned than she already was. "Ah, I'm not like them at all! They would kill you out of the blue with no intent of beauty at all! Such brutes..."

Beauty? Was this boy really speaking of beauty at a time like this? (Y/n)'s head was spinning in circles and her face showed it all. Eddie slammed the tip of his shovel onto the ground making a terrible sound and gazed gently at the girl. "There's nothing to be afraid of. I won't kill you out of nowhere like that."

(Y/n) scrambled to her feet and started to back away, seeing that the boy was creeping closer to her. "Zack, Danny, they scared you, right?" Eddie grasped onto his blue overalls, holding his fist by his heart with pride. "I'm not like that. Not at all! I want you to be happy! I want you to stay beautiful! But most of all..."

(Y/n) could see Eddie's green eyes through the slits of his mask as he tilted his head to the left, seeing that they were filled with obsession and insanity.

"I want to make you mine."