✿ Eddie's Birthday Special ✿

[A/N] Happy birthday, Eddie! Just a quick little note, this story takes place when (Y/n) and Eddie are still in the building. 💞 Also this is not edited, so I hope there's not many mistakes!

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Eddie watches over (Y/n)'s shoulder closely, eyes following the pencil she was drawing with. She didn't really mind his presence, but she started to get the feeling that he was judging her every move, as he was an amazing artist himself. That alone started to get her a little nervous. She turns her head to face him and catch the expression he had while watching, only to see a smile on his round face. He looked a bit confused as to why she had turned around so suddenly to face him, but other than that, he didn't seem to be judging her at all. (Y/n) let out a sigh of relief. Of course he wasn't judging her.

"Did I do something?" Eddie anxiously asks, backing away to give (Y/n) her personal space.

She shakes her head, turning back towards her drawing. "Sorry. You're just a much better artist than I am."

"Wha-that's not true!" Eddie whined - but his point wasn't made at all. It was obvious that he was more skilled than her. He's been practicing since the time he could walk! Clearly he was bound to be better than her. Although, (Y/n) still appreciated his humbleness about his talent.

Just before (Y/n) could reply to him, the loudspeaker comes online and lets out an ear piercing screech. Eddie and (Y/n) give each other the same worried look before listening in on what it was going to say. Maybe they shouldn't of listened that closely, because the voice that blared through the speaker was the most irritating thing they've heard all day.

"Ahahahaha~! Eddie, dear~ I have more corpses you need to come get!"

Eddie groaned in annoyance. "What?! Are you serious?! I just got a bunch yesterday!"

As if Cathy heard his words, she continued. "Don't bring that little bitch with you either. I~ don't~ like~ her~!"

(Y/n) wasn't insulted by those words that spewed from the woman's mouth, but Eddie sure was. As soon as the speaker grows quiet, the ginger's blood was boiling.

"Don't like her?! Don't like her?! How could someone NOT like her?! She's wonderful! I get it, you're just mad that (Y/n) is prettier and smarter and cuter and sweeter and talented-er...THAN YOU!"

"Eddie..."

"No! She's being ridiculous! You're so much better than her! She smells just like my grandma! Smelly. Old. Hag." He pouts, throwing on his mask and boots. (Y/n) thought it was pretty funny for him to be so mad but still follow her orders obediently. She watches as he straps on his gloves then marches across the room to grab his beloved shovel, throwing it over his shoulder as he grumbled harsh words underneath his breath. "I'll be back soon, okay?"

"Okay."

"Hmph..."

Eddie turns around sharply, knocking a book from off of his bedroom's shelf. He didn't bother to pick it up, already in a bad mood, and headed to the elevator across the floor.

That left (Y/n) all alone in his room.

She was stunned for a moment. He never really left her unsupervised in his room because he was extremely particular when it came to his belongings. And yet, he had marched out carelessly without even a reminder to be gentle with anything and everything she touched. (Y/n) figured he was just too caught up in the moment and didn't realize his mistake.

The young girl stood up to go retrieve the book and put it back on the shelf, only to find something that caught her eye. On the cover in large print was the word "journal." The book was banged up pretty badly with dust decorating every inch of it. (Y/n)'s curiosity got the better of her and she opened it up to the first page. As she suspected, it had been written in.