Chapter Ten

"She's not yours, you know."

Eddie held his pillow close to his chest, thinking about what Danny had said to him. (Y/n) was fast asleep on Eddie's bed, Eddie laying on the spare mattress on the floor beside her. He could hear her every breath, her every movement, and every noise she made. His eyes were dull thinking about the way she wasn't in one of his graves.

His stomach felt like it was twisted in so many knots that he could barely breathe properly. He wanted her to be his. That was all he could think about after the encounter with Danny.

Sitting up, Eddie's curly hair fell into random places, making him look somewhat ridiculous. He stood up and gazed down at peaceful (Y/n), giving her a slight stroke on her cheek before leaving the room.

His body grew cold the moment he slid through the crack in the wall, entering graveyard two. He rarely leaves his room without being dressed properly, but at the moment, all Eddie wanted was to look at the grave he had made her.

As he saw the beautiful stone, he fell to his knees and clenched his pajama pants into his fists. His chest felt like it was going to blow. All he wanted was to cry, but he knew crying wouldn't help anything. The feeling he felt inside was unexplainable. He had felt it many times seeping through all the kindness he had, leaving him just to be a selfish, jealous, person.

He remembered it so well. The first time he had felt this way.

His breath grew shaky as he tried to recollect himself. However, the feeling wouldn't go away. The urge to make her eternal picked and poked at his heart, almost telling him that if he didn't, she would end up with someone else.

Eddie couldn't take it anymore. He just wanted to feel the relief he always felt while putting someone in a grave of his.

He needed to kill something.

"Yeah...that's what I'll do..." Eddie stood up, chuckling to himself. "I'll make her sleep forever. An eternal sleep."

Eddie crept back into the wall, entering his small work room. He knew he couldn't smash her head in with his regular shovel since it would be very messy, so he thought about the cleanest way to do it.

All of his tools would make her death slow, that he didn't like. He never wanted to make girls cry, so he almost always did it quick and clean. Adults were different, depending on the type of person they were or how they treated others. Nonetheless, Eddie couldn't find a tool that could do the job for his beloved.

He would have to use it.

Eddie grabbed his wooden chair and pushed it against the closet he had, stepping on it and reaching for the small box of belongings that he brought from his house. He hadn't looked in it since he came here, which was two years ago, because he was afraid of feeling homesick. He set the box down on the table, scrambling through it to find what he needed.

"Happy birthday, my dear boy."

Eddie paused after reading that sentence off of a wrinkled paper in the box. After a second of thinking, he grabbed the paper and read it over. It was his mother's handwriting, with the date 4/30/xx. After feeling the paper, he realized it had something on the back. He turned it around to see a photo.

His heart felt like it was being squeezed as he looked at the photo. The thoughts of killing the resting girl in the other room completely came to a halt.

"Momma..." he murmured, the pressure on his heart growing more and more. He held the photo to his chest, lowering his head and beginning to cry. "Mommy..."