Chapter Eighteen

(Y/n) watched the young girl on the bottom floor nervously look around. Rachel Gardner. She looked so frail compared to what she had imagined. Her long golden hair flowed behind her like silk, her ocean eyes filled with anticipation and worry. She had no idea that this day would be her last.

Turning her head away from the screen, she peered at what Eddie was doing. She could hear the soft scratches from the quill he was writing with, noticeably going easy with every word. He wanted the letter to be perfect. Yet, it wouldn't matter in the end. She would be killed no matter what she answers with. (Y/n) assumed Eddie wanted some closure before killing her so that he wouldn't feel guilty.

"Eddie..."

"..."

"Eddie."

"..."

"Eddie!"

Eddie lifted his head up from the paper. He wore his burlap mask as always, holding the quill in his right hand. "What?"

(Y/n) smiled. "Which hand do you write with?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah! I've seen you use your left, but now you're using your right!"

He looks back down at the paper, grabbing the quill in his left hand. "I can write with both...but right is my dominant hand. Plus, I write prettier with my right. To be honest..." he paused for a moment, smiling slightly with blush beneath his mask. "I started to write with my left cause Albert was left handed. I always thought that was so cool...I wanted to be just like him."

(Y/n) looks back at the screen. "You must really love him..."

Eddie begins writing again, sighing. "But he doesn't love me. He hates me a lot...he told me that everyday."

"I doubt he actually feels that way," (Y/n) assured him. "he had lots of things going on...and-"

"No, he hated me." Eddie hissed. This time, he actually sounded a bit annoyed. His writing got harder as he thought about it, eventually throwing the quill down and standing up. "I'm done. Where is she now?"

(Y/n) looked back at the screen to confirm her location. "B6...she just got off the elevator..."

Eddie nodded, coming close to the chair (Y/n) was sitting on. She peered up at him, seeing that he was smiling mischievously. Without another word, Eddie plopped down on her lap.

"E-Eddie!"

"Am I heavyyyy?" Blush covered (Y/n)'s face immediately, dumbfounded as he rested his arms around her shoulders. "Y'know, you've been acting kinda weird since Rachel woke up," he hummed. "is it cause you think I love her more than you?"

"Wh-Wha...!"

"I don't. I love you more than anyone cause...well...! You're so pretty and kind! If it weren't for you, I'd be all sad and alone...sad, sad...and we share a mutual love. You love me just the same! That's why Rachel could never get in the way."

(Y/n) felt relived hearing that from him. It wasn't like she was afraid of Rachel getting between them, but because Eddie was so lovey dovey with her, she felt a bit frustrated. "Mhm..."