Chapter Four

"I want to make you mine."

(Y/n) heard that sentence echo through her mind. It was familiar, almost as if she had said it a million times before. Eddie's gaze was soft but tainted as he looked down at her. She wore an unrecognizable expression on that beautiful face of hers, causing him to grow worried. Had he said something wrong?

"Yours...huh...?" (Y/n) finally found her voice, but it was so quiet that Eddie could barely hear her. "How come?"

"Huh? Oh!" Eddie's eyes sparkled up after realizing what she had asked him. He rested his shovel on his shoulders, leaning his arms over top of it and coming close to (Y/n)'s face. "You're super pretty, sweet, lovely, kind, and cute! Plus, we're very similar! Hehe, I read about you~! You, your family...everything."

(Y/n) lifted an eyebrow, tilting her head. "What do you mean? My...family...?"

Eddie backed away from her, spinning his foot in a little circle. "Oh, that's right. You probably can't remember, huh? Hmm..."

(Y/n)'s eyes widen as she held her arms close to her chest. "Please, t-tell me everything you know! I...I can't remember what happened to them! D-Did they get hurt?"

Eddie felt a heavy weight on his chest. He didn't know if she could handle the truth of what happened. His burlap mask shifted a little as he moved his shovel back to the ground. "Do you remember why you were at the hospital?"

(Y/n) tried her best to answer, but nothing came of it. She was more worried about what this masked boy was planning.

The frightened girl took a few more steps back, her back hitting up against the brick wall. Eddie didn't like how terrified she was. "Hey, I'm not gonna kill you out of blue, remember? Don't be afraid of me!" he held his arms out to prove that he wasn't going to make an attack.

(Y/n)'s shoulders stopped tensing after realizing that he seemed to actually be telling the truth. "...Why am I here...? What's even going on-?"

"That really doesn't matter!" he interrupted, his voice full of excitement. "I saw how scared you were and I can take that all away! You don't have to be afraid in a grave of mine! Nice and cool...and your beautiful soul up in heaven..."

(Y/n)'s face went pale white like a ghost. "What do you m-mean...?"

"I wanna make you mine! Forever and ever!" Eddie gushed, his eyes lighting up from beneath his mask. "You feel the same way, don't you? Making things yours! You gotta remember that, right? Don't you remember?"

(Y/n) shook her head hesitantly only remembering the vivid crimson red blood splattered on her living room floor. Her hands began to tremble.

"Blood..." she finally murmured. "So much blood..." (Y/n) lifted her cold hands up to her face, tears beginning to grow in her eyes. "I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, this has to be a nightmare...I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming...!"

Eddie placed his hand onto her shoulder, rubbing it a little with his thumb to comfort her. "You're not dreaming. I read about you in your profile. You have a very hard time with sleeping...and you have night terrors often, right? It's okay, you're not sleeping."

(Y/n)'s widened eyes softened as the boy comforted her. However, she didn't feel at ease. "I wanna go home...I wanna go home...please let me go home...I wanna see my family again..."