Chapter Twenty-Two

"Are you and Zack close?" (Y/n) asks nervously, trying to feel around and guess where she was. If they weren't moving anymore, that must mean that they were somewhere safe, she concluded. However, she was unsure that being with Rachel was safe at all, considering she was a companion of Zack. Although, she didn't seem too fond of Zack at all, in reality.

"I want to die," she answers, "and he swore to God that he would kill me. That's why we're together. I know a lot about him. The files on Eddie's floor told me he was an orphan." She pauses for a moment, calculating how to explain his background briefly. "And that he became a serial killer at a young age. But...he knows nothing about me. So, I don't think we are very close. Close would mean that you know everything about a person, I think."

As those words spewed from Rachel's lips, (Y/n) began to think about her definition of close. Everything about a person. Did (Y/n) know everything about Eddie? Her thoughts were soon interrupted by Rachel's calm and serene voice. "Do you want to be close?"

"What?" (Y/n) could hear the nervousness in her voice, despite her trying to sound at ease.

"Tell me, (Y/n)." Rachel lifts the gun up and points it at the (h/c) haired girl's chest, feeling a smile creep onto her lips. The darkness in her eyes grew deeper with pure malice just by the feeling of having (Y/n)'s life at her fingertips. "Don't you want to be perfect...?!"

The sound of Rachel's gunshot echos throughout the floor.

Silence. A cold and unwelcoming silence.

(Y/n) realizes that she was still very much alive, that there was no pain, and that there was no blood. What she hadn't realized is that someone had taken the bullet for her, laying limp at her feet with a sickening thump. Rachel had said nothing, her eyes wider than ever before.

"Zack...?!"

Rachel was then met with a hard shove to her right, knocking her straight to the ground and causing her gun to fly across the floor which hit the wall on the other side of the room. She let out a soft gasp before looking who had disarmed her and seeing nonother than Eddie himself. He doesn't seem too bothered with her though, immediately jumping up and rushing to Zack's aid. More blood was pouring from his already injured body, this time even darker than before. Eddie held his hand over the gunshot wound that was on his chest, feeling tears start to fill the brim of his eyes. "Z-Zack! Zack, why would you do that?!" The question just came from his mouth without even thinking. He was thankful that (Y/n) hadn't got hurt, but he was too deep in the moment to even think that he did this to protect her.

"Oi..." Zack smiles with blood now soaking his teeth from pouring out of his throat. "...what the hell are you cryin' about...?" Eddie stares in horror at the disgustingly beautiful blood that was leaking through his jacket without a word. "I'm a monster...I'll be fine..."

"No!" Eddie choked back his tears, shaking his head. "You're not gonna b-be okay! You can't lose any more blood, you already l-lost so much! You need-!"

"Shut up..." Zack grabs Eddie's hand, gripping it tightly over his wound. "And defend yourself!" He snaps, pushing his chest back to show that he didn't need his assistance. Eddie's emerald eyes light up with the realization that he would have to protect both (Y/n) and Zack from Rachel. Standing up slowly, his head turns back to see the blonde who was responsible for this. She had crawled to the other side of the room to grab her gun before Eddie walked over smoothly and stepped on her wrist that was reaching for it. Her dark blue eyes shoot up at him, worry coating her face.

"What are you doing, Rachel?" The words come out like poison. Eddie grabs his gun and aims it at her head without hesitation, looking truly disgusted with her existence. "Were you trying to kill (Y/n)?"

"E-Eddie-!"

"You were, weren't you?" He interrupts almost instantly. The ginger then turns his head towards (Y/n), who was desperately trying to stop Zack's bleeding from behind them. He smiles, spinning the revolver's cylinder with his thumb to change up the bullets. "(Y/n), I want you to make a choice now, dear."

(Y/n) lifts her head to the sound of Eddie's voice. She could feel her heart start to fill with warmth and reassurance once again, despite hearing the insanity dripping from his voice. "Yeah...?" She stammered, wondering where this was going.

Eddie remains quiet for a moment before stepping on Rachel even harder, making her wince with pain. A smile so sinister it couldn't be described was plastered upon Eddie's usual gentle and soft face. He giggles, feeling all of his thoughts start to collide with each other. (Y/n), unknowing this, still remains listening intently.

"Should I kill them, and we leave together? Or should I let them live, and let us all escape?"

Despite not being able to see, (Y/n) could feel all the color drain from Zack and Rachel's faces. She had only heard Eddie this way when he was leading her to the elevator. Seductive, almost. All of the child-like mannerisms he had completely washed away. Now, he was truly in control of everything that happened next. (Y/n) felt sick, like this was a nightmare that she was having. A nightmare, maybe she was sleeping. Picking at her skin, she began to feel her face grow hot from anxiety. All she needed to do was wake up. Wake up from this bad dream like usual. All she needed was to wake up!

"I'll make them sleep for all eternity, (Y/n)." Eddie coaxed to her, seeing that she was extremely nervous. This catches her attention, causing her thoughts to go blank and just listen to Eddie's sweet voice. "Yeah...forever, (Y/n). Don't you want that? Come on, just tell me what you want, my dear. I'll make it come true."

(Y/n)'s mouth grows dry.

"...An eternal sleep...?"

Author's Note:

Hey, my beloved readers!! Just to note, this story will contain three different endings. So, please be patient for all of them to come out because it will take some time in between writing them!

Thank you for checking out Eternal Sleep!! 💕