Chapter Twelve

"Eddie, you gotta be careful, okay?"

"I will be!"

"Extra careful."

"I willlll!"

"Promise me."

"I pinky promise~!" Eddie gushed, wrapping his pinky around (Y/n)'s. She nervously chuckled before turning back to the computer screen, her eyes darkening as she watched the sacrifice's moves. Eddie pat her head like a child, catching her attention again. "Don't be afraid. I'll be fine. I've dealt with meaner, bigger, older people. He's only a few years older than us, yeah?"

"I'm not sure, Eddie..." (Y/n) fiddled with her sleeves, gazing into his green eyes. "You're awfully fragile..."

"Fragile?! Heeyyy, now that's just meannnn!" The grave-keeper pouts childishly.

"You're like a little puppy though...I can't help but to worry..."

Eddie furrowed his eyebrows, putting his hands on his hips and huffing. "Nonsense! I'm a tough grave-keeper! Nothing ever scares me! Ha!"

Despite being fairly anxious, (Y/n) couldn't help but to grin. Definitely like a puppy. She sighs and looks back to the cameras, watching the sacrifice, Toby, encounter Danny. She hated to admit it, but she had rather hoped he wouldn't make it to B4, since he was considered dangerous in many ways. One, he takes interest in "cute" little boys to kill, which Eddie would check off as. Two, he was pretty muscular and tall, which Eddie was much smaller. And finally, (Y/n) was a bit jealous. That was only because Eddie would treat him like some sort prince so that he'll say yes.

"-You just gotta see how the professional does it before having your own floor! Heyyy, are you listening?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah. I'm just thinking," (Y/n) murmured. Her (e/c) eyes were locked onto Danny and Toby speaking. "doesn't look like...Toby is...well..."

"Huh?" Eddie looks at the screen to see that Toby was becoming suspicious and aggressive towards Danny. "Oh! Wow, he's smart! Ehehe, I'm glad he didn't fall for Danny's act!"

"...He's violent, Eddie." (Y/n) finally concluded. She stared at Eddie's figure then looked back at Toby's. "He could easily overpower you...! I have a bad feeling!"

"(Y/n), you worry too much!"

"No, I'm serious, Eddie!" (Y/n) stands up from the chair, now becoming more stern. This frightens Eddie a bit, causing him to back away. "You can't handle well it when people raise their voices at you, what makes you think...this is gonna be any better?! Toby is really aggressive and...you're an easy target! You should just let him go through-!"

"You're really clueless, aren't you?"

(Y/n) felt like those words pierced through her chest. She lifted her head up to look him in the eyes, only to see he was smiling at her heartlessly. "Huh...?"

"I've killed people who were ten through forty years old. I'm sure he'll be an easy sacrifice," Eddie turns away from her, grabbing his burlap mask and covering his head. "He seems to be the type for talking...if I tell him what he wants to hear."

(Y/n) pauses before sitting back down and watched the screen again. "Right...you're right, I shouldn't be so worried. I just care for you a lot, Eddie."