Chapter Nineteen

"Let's make a deal."

(Y/n) held Eddie tightly, looking up at the insane doctor. He held out medicine and a medical kit, almost to tease her. She glared at him. "Since you stopped the bleeding early on, he has a chance of survival. But in a few minutes, if he doesn't get the medical attention, he's dea-!"

"I'll do anything! Anything at all!" (Y/n) cried. "Stop wasting time! Just save him!"

Danny grinned. "That's what I wanted to hear. Let me see him, I'll make him as good as new." He then kneeled down and rested the boy in the pastel flowers, unbuckling his overalls and pulling his shirt off. The wound was right across his tummy, blood still pouring from it. Danny quickly eases the blood flow with a disinfectant towel, making Eddie cry out a little. He was still alive.

"Eddie!" (Y/n) called for him.

Danny calmly tells (Y/n) that he wouldn't be able to respond because he was still very much on the brink of death. She understood and stopped getting in the way.

"Now that I got the wound to stop bleeding, I'm going to stitch him up. You might not want to watch this part." The doctor warns her.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows. "If I go, how will I know that you won't kill him?"

"We have a deal, remember? I'll save Eddie in exchange for what I want from you." Danny explained briefly. "There's no time to play the trust game. It's either I save Eddie or he dies."

(Y/n) rested her hand on Eddie's cheek before standing up and grabbing her bloody dagger off of the ground. She then went down the steps, her heart still beating like a drum in her chest. She had remembered what Eddie said about the dresser, going to investigate what he was trying to get at.

She entered their room, where Eddie had woken up and happily spoke about how excited he was to kill Rachel. He would've never guessed he would be struck like that, close to dying all because a stupid girl didn't want him to end her life. (Y/n) clenched her fists. She was thankful that Rachel had stopped Zack from hitting her as well, but it didn't change the fact she was going to allow it to happen with Eddie. That's all that truly mattered.

Shaking that thought out of her head, (Y/n) stood on her tippy-toes to see a cardboard box on top of the dresser, just as Eddie was trying to say. She couldn't reach with just her height, grabbing a chair from the table in the middle of the room and standing on it. When she did retrieve the box, she noticed that it was pretty heavy compared to what she thought it would be. She set it down on the table, moving her (h/c) hair out of her face and opening it without another second.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened. Inside, there were pictures and belongings, all in which looked a bit dusty from being up there for so long. She grabbed a few photos, reading the backs to see the context of the picture.

"Eddie's First Birthday 4/30/XX
Happy Birthday, my love."

The picture then showed a baby with a big birthday hat on, two older children sitting next to him and holding him up. The baby was obviously Eddie, since it had said that it was his birthday. The older boys looked just like him, so (Y/n) presumed they were his brothers.

One had darker hair than the other two, looking very nervous and shy. Remembering what Eddie had said about his siblings, (Y/n) put together that the boy must have been Carl. Then, the older one that held Eddie with a smile must've been Albert. It was strange, Albert looked nothing like how (Y/n) imagined him. Then again, this was when they were very young.

(Y/n) flipped through more of the pictures, reading their context and looking at them sadly.

"Merry Christmas! 12/25/XX"