Chapter Two

"(Y/n), I'm scared..."

"(Y/n), he'll hurt us..."

"(Y/n), please..."

"(Y/n)...(Y/n)..."

(Y/n) jerks awake, panting rapidly. She couldn't even process her surroundings, being so terrified of what she heard. That voice. That voice always came back to haunt her without fail. When she finally caught her breath, there was another horror awaiting her.

She had absolutely no idea where she was.

It looked like she was in a mental hospital, but not the same one she stays at. There were huge windows in front of her that captured the sight of the beautiful blue moon, but it almost looked fake; the moon was too big to be real, too close. Shaken up by the silence of the hospital, (Y/n) stood up and ran to the door. When her hand was about to hit the handle, she realized something.

(Y/n) couldn't remember anything but being at a hospital.

Puzzled, she paused for a moment. What was she doing right before she ended up here? Did she get transferred to a new hospital? No, that couldn't be it. How did she even fall asleep long enough to be transferred? She would've had a nightmare and woke up before then.

Now she was really shaken up.

(Y/n) quickly opened the door to see nothing but a dark and empty hall. No doctors, no patients, just a cold silence. (Y/n) could hear her every footstep echo through the hall as she rushed to find someone to talk to. "Hello? Is anyone there? It's me, (Y/n) (L/n)...? I'm a patient for another hospital!" she called out, only to hear her voice echo throughout once again.

Slowly, (Y/n) crept into an unlocked room to see nothing but a table with a computer on it. All of the walls had mirrors on them, reflecting herself walking up to the table. Her (e/c) eyes were wide and full with fear as she couldn't help but to have a terrible feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Without pause, the computer screen brightened and turned on, revealing a question.

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ?"

(Y/n)'s focus on the screen was interrupted after seeing cameras in each corner of the room. She knew that they were on, considering that the button that indicated that it was, shined a bright red.

"(Y/n) (L/n)...?" she quietly murmured, still looking up at the cameras.

"ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʀᴇ?"

(Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed after that question. "Uhm...I'm a patient to a mental facility, but it's not this one...so I'm not sure."

"ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏꜱᴘɪᴛᴀʟ?"

(Y/n) doesn't answer. After all, she had no idea what the computer was going to do with that information.

"ᴡʜʏ?"

She managed to convince herself that this was just a test to see how she would do in various situations. The computer was probably just writing out the files for the doctors to see how she was doing. With that in mind, she answered. "I...I was a prime witness to a few murders."

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴡ?"

(Y/n) calmly answered this question, recollecting herself. "I'm going to go find a doctor and ask them if I was transferred or not. After all, this isn't the hospital I'm supposed to be in."

The computer's questions stopped. From behind, (Y/n) heard the sound of an elevator shaft coming down to this floor. She ran out into the hallway to see a light coming from in front of her. She ran towards it, finding that the elevator that she didn't see before, was now opened. Thinking that the test had come to an end, she ran inside to leave this floor. However, when she reached for the buttons, she found that there were none.