Chapter Sixteen

[A few weeks later...]

Eddie slowly opens his eyes to see (Y/n) gazing at him with a soft smile. He jerks up with a yelp, smacking his head against the nightstand behind him. "Ah! Eddie!" (Y/n) cried, covering her mouth with her fingertips. "Are you okay?! Did I scare you?!"

"Ow, ow..." Eddie mumured, rubbing his head. "No, I'm fine...did you wake up again?" (Y/n) chuckles nervously, giving Eddie the answer he needed. "You should've woke me up! Aaahhh, how long have you've been awake?!"

(Y/n) pauses before smiling and shaking her head. "I didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful...so beautiful..."

A normal person would have felt uneasy or uncomfortable hearing that. However, Eddie found it cute. "Well, it doesn't matter. Wake me up next time! I don't want you to be scared..." Eddie's eyes were stern, but he smiled at her nonetheless. "Never. I never want you to be scared."

"Ah, jeez, you worry so much!" (Y/n) whined before throwing a pillow at his face. As it slid down, Eddie's expression was surprised but soft. "I was fine just watching you sleep all cute. Don't be so nervous."

Eddie huffed, standing up and straightening his pajamas. "I do not sleep cute. Case closed!" (Y/n) threw another pillow at him. "Heyyyy! Stop!"

"You do, sleepyhead! And heavily too!" (Y/n) giggled mischievously, once again, throwing another pillow at him. She wanted him to play back, but he seemed too tired to. His ginger hair drooped in his face, his eyes still adjusting to the light. "Anddddd you didn't even notice I drew on your face!"

"What?!"

"Kidding, kidding!"

"(Y/nnnnn)..."

(Y/n) stuck out her tongue, standing up and grabbing Eddie's hands. "So, what are we going to do today? Make graves? Plant flowers? Collect bodies?"

Eddie gave her a little grin before moving from her grasp and turning away, putting his hands on his hips with a chuckle. "Well, I have good news! We have a sacrifice in a few days, so-!"

"What."

"Eee..." Eddie whined, hearing (Y/n)'s serious voice overcome her happiness. "I know, I know...last time was bad...but...! This time is gonna be different! And since it's so sudden, we gotta get ready! The resume will be brought up by doc-!"

"Eddie."

"—torrr..."

(Y/n) stares into his eyes with no sense of humor at all. She was serious; Dead serious. "If this sacrifice can overpower you, you aren't even going to attempt to kill them."

"Ah...! It's a girl, so...!"

"Let me guess. An eight foot woman who chokes cute boys out for fun?" (Y/n) groused. Eddie rolled his eyes, walking over to his desk and sitting down. Of course, being Eddie, he was sketching out a grave willy nilly without much thought, probably to warm up for his actual blueprints. (Y/n) sat on the bed, dramatically sighing at the boy's determined behavior. "How cute is she?"

"Oh, very cute! Doctor showed me a picture of her and we spoke a bit! It seems like she would really like me! We have the same goal after all..." Eddie swooned over the thought, obviously crushing hard. (Y/n) pouted even further after hearing this, knowing that he would be at it for awhile. "Her background is so sad...aahhh...and she loves animals like me! She also likes sewing-!"

"Yeah, okay, how much do you like her?" (Y/n) almost hissed, getting annoyed, if not a bit jealous.

Clueless Eddie felt his face warm up from the question. "...A lot...!"