Harry x Gil: Flower shop AU

(A/N): Okay, I'm not quite sure what I'm going for here. This is sort of a modern AU, but there's still magic? There is no isle of the lost so no one is from there. Just read it and see I guess. Also, it's shorter than I usually write, but I hope it's good non the less. Peace!

Harry's POV

My alarm rings at 7 a.m like it does every morning. I open my eyes and a smile forcefully makes its way onto my face. Of course, I'm waking up happy, I get to go to my dream job. And what I mean by that is I get to go to my flower shop. I've always wanted to start one and when I finally got the chance, I took it. Getting to do the thing I love every day is a blessing. And it's owned by me, so I'm my own boss. It's perfect.

The only sad part is that it gets a little lonely sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I have friends. Like Uma and Carlos. Well not like... those are pretty much my only friends. I don't really talk to other people. I can, it's not like I have a problem doing it. I just choose not to. People are unpredictable and just plain annoying sometimes.

Back to the present, I've gotten ready for work. I grabbed my messenger bag hanging by my front door and headed out. It wasn't a long drive to my shop so it didn't take me more than a few minutes to get there. The shop was just how I left it. You could see some plants right by the windows. Of course, it's closed so no one steals them. I opened the door but left the sign closed. I needed a few minutes to get the shop ready for any and all customers. I turned on the lights inside and opened up the windows. I did a sweep around to make sure all of the plants were alive and well. As they should be. So, I put my bag behind the counter and opened up shop. The sign was flipped, the door was open, now I just had to wait for people to come in.

Until then, I slowly made my way around the shop feeding and watering my plants. Some of them are magic so they require special care. Like the Ember Lilys. They are so beautiful and encapsulating. The thing is they release little bursts of flames when you water them. It also needs a special kind of fertilizer like all magical plants. Regular plants and magical plants take 2 different kinds of fertilizer. I always have to be stocked up on both.

I continue to around the room, tending to every flower as the needed to be. I got to the Pixie Hibiscuses, which are magic hibiscuses that release small amounts of pixie dust when someone walks by them. I turned away from the plants and to the door. What I was not expecting was the gorgeous man that walked in. I was floored. His long brown hair flowed down to his shoulders. His blue jeans, deep brown coat, and the rustic red shirt fit him perfectly. Even with the coat, I can still see how big his bicep is.

"Uh, mmm, hello there. What brings you to my flower shop?" I put on a smile. Which was easy because he seemed to have this nice and gleeful feel about him.

"Oh, hello! I'm just looking for some flowers to give to one of my friends. His name is Jay and his boyfriend just broke up with him. Do you have any recommendations?"

"Yeah, of course, tell me about your friend so I can get him the best fit." I went back to what I was doing as the man described his friend to me.

"Jay is super nice. He's really athletic and confident. We go exploring a lot and he's a people person." The man finished. I pondered for a second. I wanted to get him the right set of flowers.

"Maybe we should get him these." I moved from the Calla Lilys that I was watering and moved to the other side of the room. I picked up a vase with the bouquet of colour changing cosmos. I handed them to Gil to give him a chance to admire the flora. We watched as the flowers slowly shifted through the color spectrum. It was mesmerizing really.

"I think they're perfect." His smile grew brighter as he eyed the flowers. "How much are they?"

"Twenty-five dollars." I walked behind the counter and put the plant for purchase. He approached the counter and handed me his debit card. The purchase went through and I handed the card back. I grabbed a small pouch of magical plant fertilizer and set it in front of him.

"This is to help keep the plant alive. They should last 2 weeks. The receipt printed and I made sure to give it to him. "Come back again sometime, it was nice to meet you. And I hope Jay loves the flowers."

"Thanks, I'm sure I'll see you again." He takes the pouch and flowers and leaves. On the counter though, but his receipt was still on the counter.

"Hey, you forgot you-" There was writing on the paper. It was his name and phone number with a smiley face. I take out my phone and save his contact in. And if there was a heart or two next to his name, nobody has to know.