Part 6

(Y/n) P.O.V.

Thor had gone to find out about the woman he's courting, in regards to her safety. Jane, I think her name is? Not wanting to stand around awkwardly, I follow Steve, seeing as he appears the most friendly. "Do you mind if I walk with you? I do not care to listen to my brother at the moment." Steve nods respectfully. "Not at all. May I ask why you want to avoid him?"

"I love my brother, but he and I differ in views when it comes to Loki. I'm concerned this is not all his doing. But perhaps I'm naive to want to see good in people."

"I wouldn't call it naive. I'd say a lost trait." Steve reassures. I smile lightly, looking over his features. He seems sincere. "That is very kind." Only when I hear a small yelp of pain do I notice we've made our way to Stark and Banner. Tony seems to be inspecting Banner curiously. Steve, having seen the exchange, seems bothered. "Hey! Are you nuts?" Stark ignores him, and asks Banner, "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" I frown.

"Why would a bothersome plant help someone be calm?" I receive strange looks. "I suppose I wouldn't understand your realm. Weeds are something different?"

"This is more sad then listening to Capsicle try and keep up. You're lucky you've got your looks." My frown deepens. Is he trying to make himself seem better? "Is this a front because you're small and shrill? I may be an elite warrior, not to mention Princess of Asgard, but that does not mean you have to be intimidated." I end with smirk. He seems mostly amused. "So she's hopeless to talk to."

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asks.

"Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doctor."

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Banner reassures.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Stark insists.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve says sternly.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Unfortunately I can't understand, seeing as Thor and I just popped in rather than be summoned.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asks.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. It's bugging him too, isn't it?" Stark asks, pointing to Banner.

"Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and..."

"Doctor?"

"'A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube."

"I heard it."

"Well, I think that was meant for you." He points at Tony, "Even if Barton didn't post that all over the news."

"Stark Tower? That big ugly," Tony glares at Steve, "...building in New York?"

"It's powered by Stark Reactors, self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?"

"That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now." I feel the need to speak up, but I'm unsure of what to say. Not being from this world, it's hard for me to understand their words.

"So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?"

"The people of SHEILD don't understand what they're dealing with. If they are using it, it could end very poorly, even if their intentions are good. If you truly suspect they are trying to harness it, it would be wise to found out and put a stop to it." I speak up grimly.