Part 7

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I stuck with the two bumbling men to meet with Fury. We are informed of Phil's death. Even if I didn't know him well, it still saddens me. Loss is still a fresh subject, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. "These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them." He throws a few items at Steve. They appear to be pictures of him. And they're bloody. Steve picks them up, frowning.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor."

"Wait, wait, wait, what do you mean by that? You lost my brother?" I interrupt. "Brothers. Lokis escaped, and Thor's missing." I run my hand through my hands, concerned, wanting to scream or punch or kick. But I refrain, not wanting the same episode as earlier. I've had a positive interaction, I'd like to keep that in mind for now. "How can we find him?"

"You'd be our best bet. We don't exactly have an easy time tracking gods." I clench my jaw in frustration. "I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." He pauses. "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes." Tony stands, and leaves. My guess would be this is too much for him to hear.

I understand that. I couldn't stand to hear Loki's name for some time after his 'death.'

"Well, it's an old fashioned notion." Fury sighs, then also leaves. I don't like the quiet, I never have, so I speak to Steve.

"You fight well, Sir Rodgers. You'd be considered a fine warrior in Asgard." I say in attempt to release some of the tension. "I could say the same for you. And thank you, your really saved my ass." I tilt my head slightly in confusion, I didn't save his mule, but I suppose it's a Midgard thing. "Think nothing of it. I'd do it again."

"Really? I was kinda surprised you did it the first time. You seemed scared earlier." I look at the ground. "I'm not...in control exactly. Like, with you, I did not even think, it just happened. And maybe this time, it was good, but it can just as easily go bad. Before this, I came to Earth to find Thor. I was hear for hardly any time before I lost it. Loki had sent something after us, it killed Thor." I fight the urge to shudder at the memory.

"I was blinded by my anger and grief, so much so, I created a massive storm that complete demolished the town. No one was directly hurt, but I later learned, it got close. Some townspeople not in the immediate area, but close enough. I saw the extent of my damage when we walked out. I can't take back what I have done, but I can prevent it in the future."

"By hiding from it? Pretending it isn't there? What happens when you need it, and because you didn't work with it, things go worse." I look into his eyes. "You are mighty persuasive, Captain, truly, but a few words will not fix this."

"The longer you wait, the harder it'll be."

"Those words sound meaningful."

"It's a long story."

"They all are, I suppose." He goes quiet for a moment, but answers. "I'm from a different times. Frozen in ice for 70 years. I left behind...everything, really. Friends, a war, a woman. And I don't understand much about this time." My heart aches for him. To be of this world, and still know nothing, it must be difficult. I sit next to him, and place a hand on his shoulder tentatively.