Why the Reader Can't Be Apart of Civil War

This is something that has nothing to do with the actual story line, it's just a little blurb I'm doing to show what I would do if I put Reader into Civil War (As Well as Thor) so think of this as some sort of AU.

Also, I made Thor team Ironman because his character developed to understand the policies of other worlds, and I feel like although he has a closer relationship with cap, he would feel like he should respect the governments wishes of him since he has no jurisdiction there. Think of in the first movie where he just rushed off into battle because he thought it was best, and it ended poorly. I feel like it's a sort of parallel. Don't worry, reader is very much team cap because of their more rebellious, do what I think is best, attitude. Plus, as stated in AoU, they'd follow cap anywhere.

But yeah it's partly for sibling drama :)

*Arguing*

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have." Rhodey argues with Sam. "So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" I sit next to Steve, reading through the terms. This seems a bit overkill.

Any enhanced individuals who agree to sign must register with the United Nations and provide biometric data such as fingerprints and DNA samples.

Those with secret identities must reveal their legal names and true identities to the United Nations.

Those with innate powers must submit to a power analysis, which will categorize their threat level and determine potential health risks.

Those with innate powers must also wear tracking bracelets at all times.

I've been on Earth long enough to know the rights. Perhaps I do not possess these right, as I am not an official American citizen, but what about all of those here who are?

Any enhanced individuals who use their powers to break the law (including those who take part in extralegal vigilante activities), or are otherwise deemed to be a threat to the safety of the general public, may be detained indefinitely without trial.

If an enhanced individual violates the Accords, or obstructs the actions of those enforcing the Accords, they may likewise be arrested and detained indefinitely without trial.

"These terms are highly unconstitutional." I whisper to Steve. He only nods in agreement. "In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate." Vision pipes up. "Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asks.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. Oversight...oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." Vision retorts. "Boom." Rhodey says. "You're blowing this out of proportion. Those events would have happened either way, and Tony being there, all of us being there, to stop them saves lives." I argue. "The events with Malekith would never have happened if I had listened to Father." Thor mentions. My hand instinctively flies to the side where I was stabbed. "Or things would have been worse, Thor. Father was too struck by grief to do anything."

"It was the same for us. We let our own emotions get in the way as well. Maybe if we had followed the law, we could have stopped it without so much destruction. Maybe it's like that with everything. Malekith nearly destroyed the nine realms, nearly killed you, and succeeded to kill Loki." I stand up, pointing an accusing finger at Thor. "Shut your goddamn mouth!" Steve puts a calming hand on my arm, and forces my fuming self back to my seat. "Tony. You are being uncharacteristically non-hyper-verbal." Natasha mentions, looking over to where Tony is sitting on a couch.