Part 11

(Y/n) P.O.V.

The wake was perfect. Worthy of her. But she was undeserving of it. She had so much more to give. She was taken by Malekith, and I do not intend to let this stand. Father had a guard tell Loki the news. I tried to argue that one of us should tell him, but he still refused to let me see him. I suppose it doesn't matter. He wouldn't want to see us anyway.

In my grief, I didn't bother with the meeting between Thor and Father regarding our strategy against the Dark Elves. I lay alone in the medical wing. After knowing of the direct hit with the Kursed, Father informed he did in fact drain life from me. I was lucky to live, he said, with the skill I have. I believe he was just angry I had seen Loki blatantly against his wishes. I am filled with anger. I was so close to her, I could have done more. I couldn't react. It was like I was a child again, seeing my strong mother whom no one could harm. I don't know, maybe it was my weakened state.

What I do know, for a fact, is I am angry at myself, my father, Loki, Malekith, all the realms. I wish it was me. "Tell me, Mother. Should I apologize for the things I've done, or the things I didn't?" I wonder. I wish with everything it was me.

I hear someone enter. I tilt my head up to see a brooding Thor. "Not now, brother. I do not wish to speak." I lie my head back down, and close my eyes. Perhaps when I open them, it will be a bad dream. "We must. I have a plan, and I need your help."

"I am tired. Leave me alone." He lifts my eye open. "You are being dramatic." I am overwhelmed, my anger boiling over. "I am not being dramatic! I watched our mother die, and I couldn't stop it!" I snap up into a sitting position. "I was beaten by a lowly prisoner and nobody believe I have the power to have lived!" Hot, large, tears fall down my cheeks. "I'm sick of the games, I'm sick of heartache. I don't want to talk, Thor! I think I'm entitled to that much. I've tried and I've tried to fix things between us and Loki, the war between realms, so why did we end up with this?" Thor tries to hug me, but I push him away. "Do not speak to me until Malekiths head is on a spike."

"That's what I've come here for. I have a plan that includes his defeat." I clench my teeth. "Fine, let's go." I stand up, and follow Thor to another part of the palace where Sif, the Warriors and Heimdall are waiting. "What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death." Thor starts. "Malekith knew the Aether was here, he can sense its power. If we do nothing he will come for it again, but this time lay waste to all of Asgard. We must move Jane off world."

"The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in a vault." Sif mentions. "There are other paths off Asgard, ways known only to a few." Heimdall responds. Thor gets a knowing look on his face. "One, actually." It clicks in my head that he means Loki, and based on the others' expressions, it does for them as well. "No." Volestagg says sternly. I stare him down. "Yes."

><><><><><

"Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?" Loki sneers. I decided to wait nearby before joining. I wanted Thor to speak to him first. Loki looks perfectly fine, but I know it was a lie. Thor did too. "Loki, enough. No more illusions." Loki's cell is transformed, the illusion is lifted and I see that his cell is a mess. He looks horrible. Everything has been thrown around and he's sat on the floor, looking unkempt, miserable, in the other corner of the cell. His foot bleeds as though he's tread on glass, and his eyes shine with tears. "Now you see me, brother." He says weakly. Thor walks up to the other side of the cell to be closer to Loki. "Did she suffer?"

"I did not come here to share our grief. Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament." I frown. "Go on."

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you, vengeance. And afterward, this cell." Loki chuckles humorlessly. He sounds broken. "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?" Thor shifts. "I don't. Mother did. (Y/n) does." Loki looks him in the eye. "(Y/n) is naive."