Part 13

(Y/n) sat on the garden bench with a heavy sigh. She tugged on the skirt of her dress with a far away look. She hated that dress. She hated most dresses. That was almost her only thought, and it had nothing to do with how she really felt. Soon she moved on from the bench and walked the garden. She had, at some point, picked up a rose and thought about how pretty it was. She thought about how the petals would wither and be swept away in the wind, and it wouldn't matter to the other roses. Eventually her brothers, who had been aimlessly wandering, found her.

"I'm surprised to see you, sister. I did not think you and Frode could be detached." Thor jested. The teenaged girl broke into tears, startling both the brothers. Feeling a little awkward, Loki pat her shoulder. "There, there, sister." Thor rolled his eyes at Loki, and pulled (Y/n) into a hug. Frode, the person courting her, had broken things off earlier in the day. His words had struck her hard. "Frode and I are no longer together." She bawled out, ignoring the embarrassment she felt to cry in front of her big brothers. "I apologize. I didn't know."

"He is an imbecile to ever think he could be with someone better then you. You are a princess for Odin's sake. Trust me, (Y/n), he will regret this." Loki ranted. "Oh, Loki, stop. You cannot pick a fight over me." She insisted. "I can and I will." Loki huffed, crossing his arms in a sassy manner. "Gods, I do not care about Frode! I care about what he said."

"Why would you care about anything he says?"

"Because he is right!" She threw her hands up as she spoke as if she were merely exasperated. "What did he say to you?" Thor asked, ready to defend his sisters honor. (Y/n) didn't answer. "What did he say?" Thor persisted.

"He said I was too weak," she started, "that I was no where near good enough a warrior as him to be with him. He said one day you two will go one without me, and I will fade into the background of our history. I'm so helpless, no one will care about me." To call the brothers displeased would be an understatement. "He is wrong, he is-"

"Don't you see? He is right. You two get stronger and stronger, and I can barely make snow on my finger tips. I am weak! I'm not strong like you two. Please don't forget about me." (Y/n) begged. "We could never forget you. We will always be family." Loki reassured. "Besides, you are the strongest of any of us. You're true power just hasn't shown yet." Thor added. "Also, Frode is lily livered mongrel is not worth your time." Loki hissed, then started walking away.

"Where are you going?" (Y/n) called to him. "To practice some tricks. It's not a fight if Frode doesn't know it is me. You cannot stop me." Loki then started running to ensure (Y/n) couldn't stop him. "I'll be back." Thor said before running off to help Loki. (Y/n) couldn't help but smile at her brothers. She'd prefer their present company, but the gesture was still nice. She lifted her skirt and ran after them. "Wait for me!"