Chapter 26

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"All right, I can figure this out. It's just another spaceship." I hear Thor mutter. "Scoot over, I know how to fly it." He looks confused as to why. I don't want to explain why, and he definitely doesn't want me to. The alarms blare behind us, but Brunhilde is able to shoot our pursuers down. "Open the doors." She says over the radio systems. I flip the switch. We hear an incoming screaming. It's Banner, and he lands very ungracefully. "Go check on your boy toy." I tease Thor. He scowls around me, but does as told.

"Shouldn't we be shooting back or something?" Banner asks once they rejoin me at the controls. "Yes, we should." Thor agrees. "Where are the guns on this ship?" Thor asks. "There are none." I inform him. Brunhilde must have heard because she says, "It's a leisure vessel. Grandmaster uses it for his good times, orgies and stuff." I wince at the revelation. "Did she just say the Grandmaster uses it for orgies?" Banner asks for clarification. "Yeah. Don't touch anything." Thor says, looking around. "Have you been in here? Is that why you know how to fly this thing?" Banner asks me, increasingly panicked. "Don't answer that!" Thor exclaims.

There's more firing from behind us. I do as much dodging as I can, and hope the amount of weaving between structures confuses them. But mostly it's up to Brunhilde to stop them. She does a good job of it until we see her ship crash and explode nearby. "No!" I don't have time to feel the grief before something comes from the explosion towards our ship. It Brunhilde, and she grabs onto the windshield. "Get inside!" I yell. She ignores me. "In a minute!" She climbs up the top of the ship.

"Thor, get out there and help her." I order. "Right, you two figure out something on this ship to finish the job." Thor says. "Don't phrase it that way." I say in disgust. "You're right, good luck."

"Wait, I don't know what I'm looking at." Bruce yells back. "You're a scientist. Use one of your PhDs." Thor yells back before leaving. "It's fine, Banner, I've got it." I think of an idea that could work. I wait until we are over the waters with large stone pillars everywhere. I head towards one of the pillars. "What are you doing?" Bruce asks frantically. "Just trust me." I press the firework button. The ship gives off fireworks, confetti, and mass of lights which is sure to confuse our pursuers. It's effective, and the ships behind us crash. "Yeah!" Banner cheers.

Thor and Brunhilde jump through the open doors of the Commodore. "Guys, we're coming up on the Devil's Anus!" Brunhilde warns. Her and Thor get into a seat, and strap themselves in. "This won't be pleasant, just a fair warning." I say, mostly to Bruce. "Here we go!" Brunhilde calls while we are on the verge of the wormhole. The Commodore ship is swallowed up by the towering nightmare that is the Devil's Anus. The lights fade out, and the ship creaks under the pressure. I'm concerned the ship could be destroyed, but I keep going. This is our only chance.

§§§§§

I open my eyes. I hold my head in pain. Everything is dark, and everyone is unconscious. But alive. We made it through. I look out the window. We're here. Asgard. I've come home.

"Guys, guys, wake up!" I croak. They stir one by one, surprise crossing their features when they see where we are at. "I never thought I'd be back here." Brunhilde says. "Yeah, me neither." I start our decent down. "I thought it'd be nicer. I mean, not that it's not nice. It's just, it's on fire." Banner says. I can't help but agree with him. Everything appears to be in ruins, a ghost town. The people have lost hope. "This isn't normal." I half heartedly defend. Brunhilde pulls up a map on the console. "Here, up here in the mountains. Heat signatures. People clustered together. Hela's coming for them.

"Okay, drop me off at the palace and I'll draw her away." Thor decides. "I'm coming with you." I insist. "And get yourselves killed?" Brunhilde exclaims. "The people trapped down there are all that matters." I tell her. Thor nods in agreement. "While we are dealing with Hela, I need you two to help get everyone off Asgard." Bruce frowns. "How the hell are we supposed to do that?"