Part 12

Dramatic Music for the fight scene ^

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), wake up!" The child's eyes snapped open. She was taking breaths as though the air weren't going to her lungs. Her eyes moved frantically across the room. Sweat formed on her face. Finally, her eyes came into focus in the dark to see Loki looking concerned. "Loki?" Before he could respond, she launched herself into him, hugging him tightly and crying. Loki was a bit shocked. He'd hardly seen (Y/n) without a smile, never seen her so scared. He'd never heard her screaming like that.

"What was all that about? I'm surprised you didn't wake the whole palace." Loki tried to tease. "S-Sorry." She hiccuped. "It's okay. I get bad dreams sometimes too." He admitted while he hugged her back. "Do you get hurt?" She asked. "Sometimes. But it is not I that I feel scared for."

"For our family." (Y/n) said knowingly. "Yes. Is that what you saw?" Loki asked. (Y/n) nodded. "Do not worry, sister. It was only a dream. I'll be here for all the nightmares." Loki promised, tucking (Y/n) in carefully the same as Frigga had done for him earlier that night. (Y/n) smiled. "And I'll be there too."

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I blindly follow Thor and Jane, not listening to their words. I don't care enough. Everything feels sort of numb. I don't pay attention to our surroundings until I trip over something on the ground. Standing up, I kick the object away whilst noticing it is a Midgardian shoe. I realize that we have returned to Earth. "How long was I in my own head?" I ask. "When did we get here?" One second we were in a cave and now in front of the place we met up with Jane. "It sorta just happened." Jane responds, leading us to a vehicle. We follow her, climb inside, and she navigates it.

The ride is quite tense. There are a few words shared between the couple every now and then, but it is otherwise silent. I think of the last few days. Had I just convinced Thor not to do it... it was worthless anyway. Malekith got the Aether and our brother is dead. I rub my face frustratedly. This is why I tell myself I shouldn't listen to my brothers, and yet, I do every time. I think of the Kursed who had taken both Mother and Loki, whom Loki had destroyed, who was following Malekiths every order, and I know who my next target is. We arrive at a building for living, and Jane leads us to a specific room. Upon entrance, Darcy sees us. "Jane!"

"Hey."

"You can't just leave like that, the whole world is going crazy! All the stuff we saw is spreading. Did you go to a party?" Jane ignores her question, and looks at Selvig. "Erik?" He embraces her. "Jane, how wonderful!" I cough awkwardly and look away when I see he disregarded pants. "You've been to Asgard."

"Where are your pants?" A younger man answers for him. "Oh, he uh-he says it helps him think." Jane throws a skeptical look, but does not press. "Okay. Well, I'm gonna need everything you got on this. All the work you've been doing on gravimetric anomalies, everything." Selvig nods. "Okay." Thor approaches the older man with concern. "Are you well, Erik?" He chuckles then his smile fades. "Your brother isn't coming, is he?" I make a sharp intake of breath. "Loki is dead." Thor tells him.

"Oh, thank God." I notice the relief in his voice. "How dare-" Thor cuts me off with a small shake of his head. "I...I'm so sorry." Erik 'redeems' as though he cares of our grief. However, Thor still thanks and hugs him. Unsure of myself, I stand away from the group. "Malekith is going to fire the Aether at a spot where all the nine worlds are connected." Jane informs. "Amplifying the weapon's impact. With each additional world, the power will increase exponentially. The effect would be universal."

"The alignment is only temporary." I say. "He must be in exactly at the right place at the right time." Thor adds. Darcy tilts her head a bit. "Well, how do we know where that is?"