Chapter 36

(Y/n) P.O.V.

We appear in cells of Asgard for some reason. We have to sneak past Loki's cell. He never noticed us, but I can't help but cast a sorrowful glance at him. I follow Thor and Rocket, and we stop at a pillar a small distance away from Jane. "That's Jane." Thor says to Rocket. "All right. Here's the deal, Tubby: You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing," He holds up a device of some sort, "and extract the Reality Stone and get gone, lickety-split."

"I'll be right back, okay? There's a wine cellar, that's just down there. My father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups-" I grab him to keep him in place. "Oh no you don't."

"Hey! Hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?" Rocket snaps. A nearby door opens, and all try to hide as best as possible. We see Mother walking with some noble ladies. "Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket asks. "It's our Mother." I say solemnly. "She dies today." Thor tells him. "Oh. That's today?" Rocket asks. Thor begins to panic. "I can't do this. I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea." He rants.

"Thor, breathe, it'll be alright." I try to soothe. "No, no, no. I think I'm having-I'm having a panic attack. I shouldn't be here-this is-this is a bad-" He stops talking once Rocket slaps him in the face. "Rocket!" I exclaim.

"You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, the chick with the antenna, all gone. Now, I get you miss your Mom. But she's gone. Really gone. And there are plenty of people who are only kinda gone. But you can help them. So is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs outta your beard, make schmoopy talk to Pretty Pants, and when she's not looking, suck out the Infinity Stone and help me get my family back?"

I don't think it's going to work until Thor says, "Okay." I'm surprised. "Are you crying?" Rocket asks. I notice he is. "No...Yes!" I grip him my the shoulders to make him face me. "Thor, I'm scared too, okay? I don't want to be here any longer then we have to be, so please calm down. You can do this. All right?" He nods. "Yes, I can."

"Good." Rocket says. He and I start to walk forward, listening to Thor. "I can do this. I can do it." We watch for a moment longer until Jane is alone. "Alright, Heartbreaker. She's alone. This is our shot." We both look back to find Thor is missing. "Thor? Thor! Aaagh!" Rocket yells. "Shut up!" I hiss. "Look, I'll find Thor, you keep an eye on Jane, alright?"

"She knows you, why don't you go?" He argues. "You're not good at being gentle, and Thor can't just be yelled at right now. Just go." I order. He groans, but does as told. I head off in the opposite direction, praying I don't run into anyone. My luck last until I find Thor speaking Mother. Her hand in on his face as she looks him over. "What's wrong with your eye?" She asks him. "Oh, my eye. That's... you remember the Battle of Haroquin? When I got hit in the face with a broadsword?"

"You're not the Thor I know at all, are you?" She realizes. "Yes, I am." I suppose there no use hiding now. I reveal myself by saying, "You're right. He's not." She spares us each a sad gaze. "The future hasn't been kind to you, has it?" She asks. No, no it hasn't. "I didn't say I'm from the future." Thor says. "I was raised by witches, boy. I see with more than eyes, and you know that." Mother retorts.

"I am totally, totally from the future." Thor cries. "Yes, you are." I hesitate to move towards them. I've spent so much time speaking to her memory, and now she truly is in front of me. I'm not sure I can totally believe it. If I woke up right now, and this whole thing were a dream, I'd believe it. "I really need to talk to you."

"We can talk." She promised, hugging him. She then beckons me forward. I come up slowly, but once I'm close enough I'm hugging her tightly. I squeeze my eyes shut. "My kind hearted girl." She soothes. "No. Not anymore." She lifts my face so I look her in the eye. "You still are. You always will be." I smile at her, crying and laughing all at once. Thor and I explain what has happened to us both, sharing our respective stories.