Chapter 1 - Our story awakens

The grass and foliage of the shimmering forest rustled quietly as a cool breeze passed through the woods. The air was crisp, as if eager to start a brief flurry of flakes, but was kept away by the year's summer, too far in advance to be acknowledged as such. The heat and the snow, fighting each other as to create more variety in each other's absence. It was early spring indeed, with the new leaves in the trees and flowers in soil, all wanting to bloom.

A lone orange lizard lay curled up on a large stone. It was coiled around the tip of its tail, as though was a fragile thing, and it was trying to cradle it and protect it with its life. The lizard laid there for quite a while, before a single droplet of water fell from a thawing branch, and landed on the lizard's head.

As the creature awoke, his big turquoise eyes blinked and looked up as he stretched, trying to discover what had woken him up. He looked up at the unfamiliar canopy, the grass, the rocks, and then at himself.

"Whaaaat?!??!!!" He yelled out to no one in particular.

He looked all over at himself. His tail, his arms, his legs, even his head was different. He was indeed, a charmander. He took a few minutes to calm down and think about this new experience.

[So if I'm a charmander...] he thought to himself. [then that means that my wish came true!] he smiled happily. This was what this figure had always wanted, apparently. He got up and inspected his new tail. It had a flaming fire on the end of it.

"Let this flame burn long," he said to himself. "And forget about my old life. This one will surely be a better one."

—————————————-
5 years later
—————————————-

A strange fox ran through the jungle, Dashing through bushes and shrubbery, fur all tangled and with noticeable scratches on its sides. It was afraid. Oh very afraid. It had just woken up earlier that day, and upon seeing the surroundings different to what it knew, it ran.

Wondering where it could be, it tried to leap a small stream, only to trip and fall in the mud. It's fur was already brown, but now it was dirty and coated in wet earth. It tried to pick itself up, but upon clenching its hurt knee, it froze. "This can't be real." She said.

After staying in shock for a few moments, she shook her head. "THIS CANT BE REAL!!!" She took off running again. "NO! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT! NO!!"

As she tripped over twigs, roots, and rocks, she sprinted with all her might, adrenaline taking over all pain she felt. She saw a cliff dead ahead, and, knowing dreams to end when stressed, she made the impulse decision to go for it. She ran to the edge of the cliff, squeezed her eyes shut, and felt...

Nothing.

She opened her eyes to find herself falling headfirst into an ocean. Big, blue waves gushed all around her. Realizing this wasn't a dream, she tried screaming out- only to have water flow into her open mouth. She tried to stay afloat, although her new body was strange to her. Her head then hit something hard, and everything went dark.

——————————-

Ugh... wha?... what's going on?... I open my eyes and look all around. I am in some kind of bed, material stuffed with hay and with a sort of blanket laid over me. The room is lightly colored in blues, reds, and yellows. Let me try to sit up... Ow ow ow!

"Woah there! Slow down!" A sweet voice is saying. I looked over to find a pink, round egg-shaped creature helping to lay me back down. "You need to rest." The pink creature said.

"Aagugga...?" I tried to speak. "Aaauuhggghaaa!?!! Augggahaaaa?!??!!!" Why can't I talk right?!?!!

"Hey there! Hey, hey, hey!" The pink animal covered my mouth with a paw. "You hit your head pretty hard and it doesn't look like you can speak yet." The pink creature placed her paw on my shoulder. "Do you know where your home is?"