Author's Chapter 1

I am sorry to have to do this, but ideas are coming much slower as of late. I of course know where the story is going and I know where it needs to go in order to get there, but some details are taking longer to sort out than expected.

Because of this, I am putting the story on a temporary hiatus until I can figure out what I can do about these issues. I'm not giving up on the story, of course! I do want to keep writing it, I care very much about these characters.

I will let you guys know once I'm ready to release the next chapter. I have some of it written, but I want it to be good before I post it. I am really excited on some of the things that are going to happen, but I don't want to sound detached or anything by not releasing any information. I was also hoping on some other things to happen by now, but we'll just have to see. I've got some things up my sleeve for the future...

One thing I will say for now are some of the stories that have inspired me. I am very obsessed with Pokémon mystery dungeon stories, the point where I think I have a problem. I used to be even more obsessed, but now that that toxic chapter of my life is over, I don't have to be so dependent upon it anymore. What I'm trying to say is that some of these stories got me through hard things, and some of them have inspired the story I'm currently writing.

Silver Resistance- written by Scytherider. Long. Scythe's backstory and mental stuff really helped me get through a hard part of my life.

Milos from Home- PMD comic on deviantart. The later design of Milo the Eevee helped inspire the character Eva in my story.

Quenched Torch- Great story (with some cursing), but this inspired the feral aspect of my story, which may or may not come into play some more later.

Seekers of Soul- Fantastic new view of the PMD world! This inspired the open-mindedness I need for my story. Currently on hiatus until September.

Storm Clouds- an old non-PMD story, but Pokémon nonetheless. It is on deviantart. Very interesting concept of becoming a Pokémon and not being understood by your friend. This inspired another part of the feral concept with Eva.

This is unfortunately all I can give you right now, but don't feel sad, the story is not dead! If anything, I am just trying to get more creative juices flowing and I need a little bit more time for that. I promised you guys another chapter, and this is what I can give you right now.

——————————————

"Wait, what? Is that it?" Eva said as Sam lowered the notice he was reading. "But it's already taken so long! I want to know what happens next!!!"

"Yeah, I kinda feel the same..." Rou chimed in.

"Well yeah, but this is what has to happen I guess." Sam said, placing the paper back onto the cork bulletin board.

"But that's no fair!" Rou whined. "Why can't we just get a little bit more?"

"Maybe the guy's just having a hard time with some of the stuff in the next chapter?" Laura offered. "Writing a story is harder than you think. Especially when there's conflicts in ideas."

"What'd you mean?" Sam asked.

"Well for starters, what if he wanted us to go somewhere, but then he realized that the only reason we have to go there is for a plot event to happen? What is the inciting event that brought us there in the first place?"

"So you're saying that he needs us to be somewhere, but we don't have a reason to go there except for a reason that we don't know yet?" Rou replied.

"Exactly." Laura said. "That's probably why we're in this white void right now. He doesn't know where to place us yet, so he is just putting us here for the time being."

"Oh good, I thought only I could see that we were in a white void!" Eva said with a sigh of relief.

"Wait, so is the cork bulletin board and paper the only other things that are here because that's what he needed to be here?" Sam asked.

"Probably. That's what makes sense to me." Laura replied.

"Huh."

"Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next." Eva said, laying down on the white void of a floor.

"Yup." Sam said, sitting next to her.

The others soon joined in sitting down. They all relaxed, taking a break from any stress they might've been dealing with.

"I hope that we get to where we need to go eventually, because I'd be glad to finally get home!" Eva said.