Chapter 19 - The Peak of the Mountian

I could hardly contain my excitement as we slowly scaled the top of the cliff. We were finally headed to the peak! The Ninetales that I'd heard about was only getting closer! Sam shared a couple rumors that some Pokémon decide to live in secluded places, especially if they are famous. They tend to like hard-to-reach places, so that they aren't bothered by their popularity or status or anything. I don't know exactly how true that is, but I guess it kind of made sense.

I'm just so excited! Rue and Sam have also been excited for me too. I think they are interested in what Rebecca has to say for me also. Laura doesn't seem bothered by any of this though, maybe this is normally how Pokémon react when they are going to see the top? She just smiles as she watches us.

As the sun rose just over the peak, you could see a little house on the highest part of the mountain. It was a nice cabin, looking very cozy. I assume it belongs to Rebecca. Looking all around, it was a spectacular view. You could see the entire mountain region spreading off into the distance! The little town we spent a night in about a week ago, the sea, and a lot of other places I haven't been to. I wonder if I will ever get to go to those places.

"Wow!" Sam exclaimed, holding onto a wooden beam that looked like a guide rail to prevent travelers from falling down the mountain. "You can see Tarry town from here!"

Sam pointed behind us. Sure enough, in the distance was a little Seaport Village, and not from from that was a little town with a forest next to it. That definitely was Tarry town.

"We've really come a long way..." I said.

Laura led us up towards the house, stepped onto the front porch and knocked on the door. "One moment! I'll be right there!" A sweet grandmotherly voice called from the other side.

Was this really it? Everything that I've been working through for the past... month or two? It's hard to tell. Either way, after all this time I've been in the Pokémon world, would I finally find a way to get home? Would Rebecca really have the answers I was looking for, or was she just going to send me to someone else like Pos?

My biggest question though, would I finally get my memories back?

The door began to unlock, and I prepared myself. I didn't know what a Ninetales looked like, but I wasn't really expecting it to look like a small little... Uhh...

"Snom?!" Sam exclaimed.

Yeah... one of those.

"Hi!" The little worm Pokémon said in a high-pitched voice. "I was told to let you in. Make yourself at home while she comes!"

The little guy scurried away and we walked in. Laura started hanging her coat on the coat rack by the door, and so we did likewise. There was a comfy-looking room to our right, with lots of cushions and chairs. We went over and sat down.

All along the dark-wooded walls, there were pictures of Pokémon. There was one of a dragon, a turtle, a horse that looked like it was happy being on fire, and tons more. How many Pokémon species are there?! They were also TONS of pictures of Pokémon like the one that greeted us at the door.

One picture in particular caught my eye. It was Pos! There she was, with a smirk, standing next to a many-tailed red and brown fox! The fox was smiling greatly, and seemed to have its arm around Pos.

Sam saw the picture and said "Look! There's Pos! And the Vulpix, that must be Rebecca!"

"It sure was!" The grandmotherly voice said again. We spun around to find a very large, white and blue colored fox was walking into the room.

"Wait," Laura said. "How were you a Kantoean Vulpix? You are definitely an Alolan Ninetales now?"

So this was Rebecca.