Update 3rd December 2022

Author's note:
Thank you to anyone who has cheered me on with this story, or just in general! Thanks to uplifting words by VGS2 the sexy sausage on FanFiction.net and the short story I am about to share, I have been re-inspired to continue writing this fic.

Around a year ago, I temporarily stopped writing PMD Sam and Eva because there were a couple important plot points that I realized no longer worked (due to adding two additional characters). It made it hard to continue, especially because I felt that the story didn't really have purpose or direction. I'm not one to really have much confidence in my abilities, and sometimes I don't see things the same way as others.

But surprisingly, by doing my boring art homework (I'm no longer majoring in art), I got exactly what I needed. (Art homework! Who knew, right?) This is what I read:

"Many time artists make the mistake of beginning a piece of art, be it a graphic design or a painting, without a clear vision of what the end purpose will be. That is not to say, that as designers we must be unwilling to shift directions if in the process of designing we become aware of a fault in the original plan, or see something that will be more effective than the way we started out. We need to be flexible to be sure. There are, of course, rare occasions of "happy accidents," but that is the exception, not the rule, and usually applies only to areas of the work rather than the entire composition. Deciding on where you want to go before starting is the best solution."

This made me think of this story, which has been so hard writing for me (due to the holes), and then suddenly everything that was wrong just clicked. (Suffice it to say I wrote everything down real quick!) I also realized that it did have purpose- I had an endpoint in mind, and a message I wanted to share.

I believe that God grants us the ability to choose what to do with our lives, but I also believe that He loves us enough to give us the experiences to become the best versions of ourselves we can be. I think that He wanted me to see that I am doing alright with how I'm making this story. (It's a learning process anyways!) I don't know why It took a year for me to be ready and learn this, but I'm glad that I have.

All this being said, I will plan to continue writing this story as often as I see fit, because now, I know I am doing it right. I want to thank anyone who has helped me with inspiration- I plan to keep writing this thing, even if it doesn't get noticed or is very popular. It's a story I want to tell.

See you on the flipside,
Miles