Chapter 9 - The Gang and the Cave

I was woken up by Sam talking to Rou. I peeked my eyes open and looked around. I don't know if they were there before, but there were two guards outside our cell, both Pawniards. Pawniards were a dark grey color, with dark metallic red on their arms and legs, and also on the tops of their heads. At the end of each arm was what looked like a blade, and they also had four blades on their stomachs, and a big one on their head. It looks like their bodies are made more for forward-facing combat.

I looked over to Sam and Rou, and Sam seemed to be giving him the gist of what had happened to us so far. I guess Sam found Rou trustworthy enough.

"So wait," Rou said, somewhat confused. "How could I understand Eva last night?"

"I guess because I was wearing the pendant, and I had my hand on your back?" Sam guessed.

Just then, we heard the sound of a door clanging shut. We all turned towards the barred entrance to the cell, and found what looked like a large dragon type Pokémon who was encased in some kind of hard, white shell. It was surrounded on both sides by two Pokémon I didn't know yet. One looked like a floating rock with arms, and the other one was like a large Boulder with a head out on the front and then arms and legs.

"Good morning," the white shelled Pokémon said. "I'm Boss Shelgon. I hope ya slept easy, for I got some good rumble for ya. Ya two, you're free ta drift, just don't tell nobody about 'dis joint, see?"

So this was the big guy? This white capsule? There was probably more to it, so I kept quiet.

"W-what's going to happen to Rou?" Sam asked, gesturing over to said Rowlet.

"Da rowlet? eh ya don't 'ave ta worry about 'm no more. We'll take care of 'm, no charge."

"A-actually..." Sam started, "We do. We decided..." Sam looked at me. "Th-that we'd like to stick with him."

The mob boss looked thoughtful. "Hmm. So ya mean ta tell me that you'd rather stick with 'm than keep yer button clean with us? That's unfortunate rumble ta hear, see?"

The mob boss turned to one of the goons at his side. "Nip 'em all."

The two rock types entered into the cell, the small rock put his arms around my legs and before I could resist, held them all together as he flipped me upside-down!

I looked over to find that the Boulder had grabbed both Sam and Rou in an arm each, and was holding them there in it's likely rock-solid grip. I considered spitting in my rock's eye, but I don't think that would help my situation.

We were about to be brought out of the cell, when I heard the door close again and then a seemingly familiar voice.

"Ah! My little Shelgon! How have you been doing?!!"

I looked over at Sam to see an expression of confusion displayed on his face. I looked back to the source of the voice.

"Now wouldn't be da best time ta chat, pops..." the Shelgon replied as the voice grew closer. "I'm kinda in the mid-"

He was cut off by a hug from none other than... Daddy Butterfree?!!!

"Ahh, son. You have to make time for family! Now whatever you've been up to isn't nearly as important as-" Daddy Butterfree paused as he saw us. "Now what are they doing here?"

The Boss was taken aback, finally joining with us in our surprise. "Pops, ya tellin' me ya know these 'mon?"

"Yes yes! They were the ones who rescued our little Caterpie!"

The mob boss turned back to us. "Crash, Joe, drop 'em."

As the rock Pokémon released us, Sam spoke up. "Wait, so... he's your... dad?"