Chapter 3 - The Book

"A human?! Are you out of your mind?!!"

Sam was surprised. Well, more than surprised. He had just found out that his first major friend in who knows how long could be clinically insane. We had finally been able to communicate in a more effective way, and I stupidly decided that the first thing to tell him was probably the most unbelievable thing.

"It's true!" I testified to him. "How else do you think I can understand you so well?!!"

"Well, it's just that... gosh, a HUMAN! I thought those were just myths!"

"Well, that is what Arceus said would be the case..." I muttered to myself.

"Wait, WHAT?!!! Did you say ARCEUS?!!!?!" Sam was stressed out even more now. He was pacing back and forth across the floor. "Maybe you hit your head harder than we thought..."

I could see where this was headed. "Wait, wait! Just hear me out, okay? This is crazier for me as it is for you... let me tell you my side!"

"Okay, okay... that sounds fair." Sam said, sitting down again. "Let's hear it."

I then proceeded to tell Sam everything that had happened so far, from me waking up in a foreign body and world, running off the cliff, waking up in the hospital, dreaming about Arceus, and then how I felt with everything. I skipped over my nightmare because I felt that was more personal.

"I don't think I'm crazy," I said, ending my spill. "But a lot of crazy things have happened to me in the past couple days. I'm sorry that I've only been able to tell you now. Please forgive me."

The charmander sat still for a minute. "Well, considering the whole story you just told me, it makes no sense to make any of it up. I mean, you'd have nothing to gain! Plus, it makes sense with what Tina said and with the Elucide pendant."

"So do you believe me?" I asked.

"I guess so. Yeah."

"Thank you. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I believed myself."

"Well, you know what this means." Sam said with a sigh.

"What?"

"We have to go find the Relick stone."

"I guess we do, yeah."

"But where do we even start?" Sam asked, racking his brain for answers. "I mean, I've read a lot of books, but I've never heard of anything called a 'Relick stone'."

I thought for a minute. "Do they have libraries in this world?" I asked.

"Umm... yeah?"

"Maybe let's start there then."

——————————-

Libraries in the Pokémon world are kinda strange. We went to a library in Tarry town, and upon entering I had noticed some differences to what I knew. First of all, there was no front desk. Normally, I'd imagine there to be a front desk or information area for those who are looking for something in particular or needing help finding something. Instead, Sam said that they had a few librarians who would roam around, putting things away and answering questions as they go. I also noticed that there was far less support for assistance than I expected. There seemed to only be two Pokémon working here!

Although there seemed to be a lot of work for the librarians to do, there weren't many people- err... pokemon around to cause a mess. Sam guided me over to the history section, and we started our search.

"Soo... do you guys have a Dewey decimal system, or...?" I asked Sam, trying to see how the books were organized.

"A Dewey... what?" Sam replied, obviously confused. He was wearing the elucide pendant so that he could understand me, and I was wearing a strip of the agility cloak like a neckerchief.