One

"Kiss me through the window one more time" -Jack Scott

Sugawara Koushi and Sawamura Daichi had a special bond.

They had always been so close growing up, they were peas in a pod, practically joined together at the hip. They did everything together from homework to just living life in general. There was always something that they could stick together doing, one of those being volleyball.

They had both ended up deciding to go to Karasuno High School, since they both grew up in the Miyagi prefecture. Once they had gotten there it was obvious that nothing was going to get in the way of doing the thing they had loved the most, spending time together, and playing volleyball.

Volleyball had been their thing since they were children, running outside together to the makeshift net that Daichi had built in his backyard, setting and spiking till the sun had set. It was only obvious, and it was definitely one of the best decisions that had been made together.

However the tension that came with being such close friends like this was being soulmates. When you turn 18, you get the initials of your soulmate marked on your skin, it was cheesy but Daichi had known that it would make his life either the most enjoyable or the most frustrating life he had ever lived.

Suga had received his mark on his wrist, but before he could look at it he had wrapped it in medical tape. Daichi wanted to find out who his soulmate was with his best friend, and he was determined that Suga was his soulmate. He had to be his soulmate.

Right?

Daichi had shook the thoughts from his head and stared hard at his phone, the time was ticking down slowly but surely to his birthday. He was getting anxious, what if he wasn't Suga's soulmate? What would happen then? To all the feelings that have been building up since middle school? They'd go down the drain in a heartbeat and he would be devastated for life.

Like on cue at 11:58 his phone buzzed, lighting up the dark bathroom he had been standing in. He picked his phone up, lowering his brightness to avoid damaging his eyesight, it was from the one and only.

Suga <3: Stop being so nervous :)

It was like he had read his mind, but Suga had already been good at doing that.

Me: I'm not I promise

A blatant lie, but he couldn't bring himself close to telling Suga why he was so nervous.

Suga <3: Right of course ( ー̀εー́ )

Daichi laughed, if anything could lift up his spirits it was Suga's stupid emoticons. That was something that was so special to him.

The time changed, 11:59. He typed out one more message to Suga before he went back to staring at the time.

Me: I pinky promise that I'm not nervous, I'll text you when I get my mark

Before Suga could reply Daichi had closed his messages and went back to staring at the time, he was tensing up every second that had gone by and he eventually couldn't stand it anymore to the point where he closed his eyes.

Before he knew it he heard the chiming of the clock that his parents had downstairs chime and his eyes shot open looking straight at the mirror, he couldn't see anything, but he could hear that his phone was vibrating like crazy. It was all from Suga but it didn't shock Daichi at all.

Suga <3: Bro

Suga <3: It's cold outside

Suga <3: Please open your window

Suga <3: It's literally 30 degrees help

Daichi's eyes shot open wide and he sprinted out of his bathroom and ran towards the window of his second story bedroom. Using the amount of strength he's amassed from volleyball he lifted the window open and low and behold his best friend was somehow chilling on the roof in multiple coats, gloves, a scarf, and a hat.

"Am I allowed in or do I have to sit here for the rest of the night?" Suga giggled. Daichi had reached his hand out the window and pulled his friend in through the window, both of them tumbling down and Suga landing on top of Daichi. He propped himself up on the palms of his hands and looked straight into Daichi's eyes.

"So where's your mark?" Suga smirked, Daichi smiled and pushed Suga's chest so that he flew off and rolled over, Daichi then sat up and shrugged.

"I was gonna find it but then you showed up on my roof and I can't have people like you sitting out there freezing to death," Suga started laughing, grabbing his stomach to keep himself from falling over. Daichi hummed out of amusement and got back up and headed back to the bathroom.

He grabbed his shirt from his back and hoisted it over his head taking it off completely. His back muscles flexed as he turned to the right to look at his left shoulder and back, nothing. He turned to the left and then he froze. He dropped his shirt and phone that he had in his hand and covered his mouth, and he called out to Suga in a shaking voice.

"Suga..." Daichi could hear the footsteps of his best friend getting close to the bathroom until he reached the doorway, grabbing the frame and looking at him worryingly.

"What! What's wr-" Suga's face paled and he stumbled forward and grabbed Daichi's arm, he was gripping it so hard Daichi thought he would've cut the circulation off. He was staring at the neatly printed cursive sitting on the top of Daichi's shoulder.

S.K.

Daichi reached up and grabbed Suga's wrists and looked him in the eye, "Take off the tape."

Tears sat at the edge of Suga's eyes as he ripped off the tape piece by piece, cursing himself out for putting on so many layers. He had finally ripped it off and low and behold the strong manuscript of Daichi sat on his wrist.

S.D.

Daichi's eyes met Suga's and before he knew it they had both started crying. Daichi then grabbed Suga and lifted him up into the biggest hug Suga had ever gotten in his life. Daichi couldn't believe what he saw, Suga was actually his soulmate. His feelings could be reciprocated. It was at this moment that Sawamura Daichi knew his life was set in stone.

"I-I can't believe this." Suga said, his voice was trembling and it looked like his legs were about to give out. Daichi let out a small giggle and picked Suga up, wrapping his legs around his own waist. "Well I can because at this point, this was fate."

Daichi stared into Suga's eyes, they were still shimmering from the leftover tears he had shed earlier, and, without thinking Daichi leaned forward and kissed Suga. It felt like absolute heaven and bliss combined into one. They're lips practically connected. It was exactly as Daichi had said earlier, this truly was fate.

"So what are we?" Daichi had asked, his breath still taken away from the amazing kiss he had.

"Well I would hope we could be boyfriends.." Suga said timidly, it was like he was making the begging emojis but with his eyes.

"I would love that my love." Daichi could see the sudden red and pink glow on Suga's cheeks from the nickname but Daichi liked it, it was comforting knowing that his best friend would really be his best friend for the rest of his life.