PROLOGUE

-quote: "love is like rain - it can nourish from above, drenching couples from soaking joy. but sometimes, under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below - tending to it's roots to keep itself alive."

-introduction: derek morgan and charlotte rhodes have had the love story of a lifetime--they've run through the streets of chicago, locked up serial killers together, and went to galveston beach to party it up together. they both got into a relationship, but refused to admit they were in love with each other. charlotte hated showing vulnerability, until it came to derek. one day, in the field, derek decided to pull a stunt to be a hero--little did he know it would wound him up in the hospital with amnesia. he forgot everything that happened after charlotte entered his life...until it all came rushing back at once.

-character list:
•charlotte rhodes
•derek morgan
•emily prentiss
•aaron hotchner
•penelope garcia
•spencer reid
•jennifer jareau
•david rossi
•luke alvez

-authors note: i advise you do not read this book until you read 'without you', since it is a sequel in the series & it won't make sense without reading 'without you' first.