EPILOGUE.

a/n: before we start, i should probably mention that this wedding is in fact a backyard wedding — i feel like derek and charlotte have that type of aesthetic / personality traits when it comes to things like this. anyways, enjoy :) i love you all.
------------------------------------------------------------------

As the story goes on, Charlotte and Derek find their true happiness within each other. Charlotte resolves things with Spence, drawing them closer than ever once again. She finds happiness and strength in the team, finding her comfort family in Virginia.

Charlotte decided to call her mom and tell her that she and Derek were getting married. One small phone call turned into a weekly thing as Fran tells her, "You won't find happiness in a relationship if you can't solve problems."

Derek and Charlotte spend six months trying to plan a wedding, with the help of Garcia and Emily, of course. Charlotte finds her true happiness in the friends that she has.

Within the six months, Louie also starts school — it was rough for him at first, but Derek and Charlotte helped him through it.

Which, my friends, now leads us to the day...

TIME LAPSE: SIX MONTHS—
—SETTING: THE PROPER WEDDING—

"Is everything in place?" Charlotte asks, pacing around the room.

Spence nods at her words, "Yes, everything is set up and in the clear." He states, placing his hands on Charlotte's shoulders to stop her pacing, "Stop worrying, Garcia and I made sure that today would be perfect for you." He states in a reassuring tone.

Charlotte smiles softly, "So nothing will ruin today?" She asks.

Spence shakes his head, "Nope. All you have to do is continue looking amazing and walk down that aisle." He states.

Charlotte gnaws on the inside of her bottom lip as her heart races, "Do you think Rossi will get mad that I chose Hotch to walk me down the aisle again?" She asks.

"If he does, he can leave. He didn't bother to be there for your first wedding at City Hall, he doesn't have to walk you down the second time. I'll have Luke escort him out of here if he causes a scene." Spence states.

Charlotte lets out a small breath of laughter, smiling softly as her eyes meeting Spence's.

"Thank you, Spence. I'm sorry I was such an ass. You deserved so much more." She states.

"It was the initial reaction of shock when you found out. I can't take offense to it if that's the same way I reacted when Emily faked her death." Spence states with a shrug.

Charlotte nods slightly at his words, smiling softly as his eyes search hers, "I'm really glad you're back in my life. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you." She pauses, letting out a small exhale, "I love you more than you'll ever know." She states.

Spence lets out a soft chuckle, "I love you more than you'll ever imagine." He replies.

A hug engulfs the two of them — the two of them feeling comfort in each other. A faint knock comes from the door in the distance, interrupting their moment.

"Who is it?" Charlotte asks, nearing the door.

"It's me." Hotch states in a low tone as Charlotte opens the door, "Are you guys ready? The ceremony is about to begin."

Charlotte straightens out her dress as Hotch begins to ramble on, "Derek is already standing at the alter, so he's ready. It's on your cue." He states.