31 | alive.

a/n: i have procrastinated posting this chapter for the last three days because i'm scared for the feedback received.

i am so beyond sorry for any emotional harm that may be caused this chapter.

also, for this chapter, this is what i believe the sunset looks like;

*pic creds: myself :) — this photo was taken from my backyard back in june :)

anyways, yeah, that's it!! enjoy <3
------------------------------------------------------------------

derek morgan.

I slip out of bed, careful not to wake Charlotte or Louie. The last thing I need is for Louie to wake up and for Charlotte to catch me.

Trust me, Char, I didn't want to keep this from you either. It killed me more and more every day. I wanted to tell you, but you know what happens when a secret like that gets leaked.

I walk down the steps of the penthouse steps, heading towards the kitchen area. Taking the magnetic pad of paper off the fridge, labeled Shopping List at the top, I let out a heavy sigh. I make my way over to one of the drawers, searching for a pen.

Finally after rummaging through almost seven drawers, I found a working pen. Taking it in hand, I begin to write;

I'll be back soon, my loves.
I just have to run a quick
errand. Once I get back, we'll
have tons of fun. I have so
much planned for us all.
I love you both<3.

—Derek.

Placing the pad of paper down on the table, where Charlotte would find it easily, I exhale deeply.

I really wish things weren't this way. I really wish I didn't have to hide this all away from Charlotte. She deserves to know — she deserves it more than anything.

I grab my coat as I slip on my shoes. I let out another deep exhale — that's the only thing keeping me sane and stable at the moment.

I hate this.

I hate hiding this from her.

She deserves to know.

I wanted to tell you, Charlotte. Please believe me when I say it. I wanted to. I really wanted to. I didn't want you to find out like this.

I open the door, walking out as I try my hardest not to wake anyone up, shutting the door slowly behind me.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, dialing the number that I've been dreading to call. I let the line ring — but it only rings twice before there's a click — the line was answered.