27 | grievance.

a/n: the beginning of this chapter is inspired by the one episode of greys anatomy, when teddy altman lies on the bed and doesn't budge after her past is triggered and as she goes through the five stages of grief.
------------------------------------------------------------------

derek morgan.

"Char, you need to talk to someone, at least for a little bit." I state, glancing at Charlotte.

She hopelessly lies in the bed — she hasn't moved in five days and she just keeps calling in sick for work.

"At least talk to Louie, he hasn't played cars with you in five days." I state, my voice begging as I sit on the side of the bed.

Nothing. There is no response from Charlotte — She just remains mute, just like she has these last five days.

I let out a sigh, "Char..." I begin, my eyes focused on hers as they stay fixated on the boxes in the distance.

We were supposed to move out of my apartment this week and move into Charlotte's house (since it's bigger), but then Reid died and Charlotte became a statue.

She hasn't eaten, she hasn't spoken, she hasn't budged, she hasn't gotten out of bed. Every single time I get home from work, she remains in the same position.

Getting home from Chicago went well, Charlotte was perfectly fine the first week or so, but then Reid's memorial happened and she broke — she won't even talk to me.

I let out a small sigh, placing my hand on Charlotte's leg, "I have to go in for work, I called in sick for you again. Louie is gonna stay here, I called the nanny again so she's gonna be coming by." I explain, rubbing my finger in circles on her leg, "You take time to grieve, if you want to come into work, you do that. Okay, love?" I ask.

Once again, she doesn't budge — she doesn't say a word, she doesn't give a small nod in acknowledgement, nothing...

"I love you." I state.

I watch as Charlotte's facial expression changes, her eyes going from longing and sad to being soft and vulnerable.

She wants to say something, I know she does, but she remains frozen. I give her leg a small pat, standing up, "I'll see you tonight, love. I'll bring by some food home from you're favorite restaurant, in case you want some." I state, grabbing my coat and bag.

If I'm being honest, I'm not bringing the food in case she ends up wanting some. Instead, I'm bringing it home to see if it'll bring back happy memories to get her out of this hazy moment she has going on. I want her to go back to hanging out with Louie and laughing her heart out — and I know Reid would want that for her too, he wouldn't want her sitting around and crying over his death, I know he wouldn't. He wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

I make my way out the door, climbing inside the car. I bring down my sun visor, looking at the picture of Reid and I.

I never showed Reid that I had a picture of him and I on my sun visor — it would make him get all cocky and say "haha, you really do love me" and he'd get all sappy — but now I wish I would have showed him at least once, just to show him how much I truly love and appreciate him...or at least, how much I did.

I let out a small sigh, my eyes watering. I miss my best friend and I wish I would have showed him a little more affection. I wish I had, at least, five more minutes with him.

I lean back, resting the back of my head on the driver's seat, trying to collect myself and all of my feelings before leaving for work.

"I miss you, Reid." I mutter under my breath for sitting up and putting the car in reverse, slowly pulling out of the driveway.