04 | communication.

derek morgan.

I walk down the halls of the bullpen, before moving onto the rest of the bureau, searching for wherever Reid could have possibly taken Charlotte to 'take a test'.

I want to talk to her, understand what the hell happened between her and Reid while I went through my coma — What test was he talking about? What are they hiding?

I continue walking down the halls as my mind racks with thoughts. Passing Garcia's lair, I feel like I'm going in circles.

I look up slightly, my eyes landing on a familiar side profile — noticing Charlotte exiting the bathrooms down the halls.

I quickly pick up my speed to catch up to Charlotte from the down the hall — but I don't run, not wanting to startle her or concern anyone around, nor do I want to draw attention to us — especially since, I don't know if she told Reid about us yet.

I reach Charlotte as she begins to turn the corner, grasping at her arm. She lets out a startled gasp, flinching slightly at the impact of my touch.

"Derek?" She asks in confusion.

"Not here." I mutter, pulling her into an empty office.

I glance down the hall, looking both ways twice before shutting the office door.

Charlotte lets out a sigh as my eyes meet hers, "Okay, when I met being secretive, I didn't actually mean pulling me into an empty office in the middle of work." She states, letting out a breathy laugh.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I just- I- we need to talk." I stammer.

"I know. You texted me." She states.

I nod, "Right." I state, beginning to pace.

"Derek, what is this about?" Charlotte asks, her brows knitting together in confusion.

I let out a sharp exhale — thinking back to the thought I had at first when Reid mentioned a test — pregnancy.

I let out another exhale, "A-Are you pregnant?" I blurt out, immediately regretting the words, "I mean, not that you look like you are- I just- I'm not sure how that would be possible, based on our past situations. I don't think it would be possible for you to be pregnant, and it's not possible for you to get pregnant over night- I thought Reid didn't know so I don't know how he could've gotten a pregnancy test so soon-" I begin to ramble on, the words just rapidly slipping from my lips with no hesitation.

I glance over to Charlotte, my eyes meeting hers — she looks at me like she's just seen a ghost, her brows knitting together in slight confusion to my words.

Charlotte lets out a breathy laugh, "What the hell are you talking about?" She asks.

"The test." I state.

Charlotte tosses her head back slightly, pinching the bridge of her nose as she lets out a heavy sigh.

"What?" I ask.

Charlotte leans forward, a small smile appearing on her lips, "Okay, one, I'm not pregnant, so get that thought out of your head — we were safe, I'm on the pill, and everything is normal — so no, no kids." She states in a low tone.

I let out a soft, relieved sigh — it's not that I don't want kids, I just don't want to have them this soon.

"So, what was the test?" I ask.

"Just a standardized one." Charlotte states with a shrug.

My brow knits together, "Really? Because, when I asked Garcia, she said you had no standardized tests with the bureau today." I state in a low tone, prying for answers.