33 | airports.

a/n: and we're back to the derek povs :) i've missed writing from his pov, so i've decided to give his perspective on this all.
------------------------------------------------------------------

derek morgan.

I let out a small exhale as I listen to the phone ring, the dial tone clicking as my heartbeat begins to accelerate, "Hello?" I state in a low tone.

"Hey." I hear a soft, familiar tone come over the line.

"Char..." I begin.

"Louie and I are fine, please stop calling and harrassing my family." She states in a low tone, her voice shaking as she speaks.

"I'm sorry." I begin, "Can we please just talk this out, like adults?" I ask.

Charlotte scoffs at my words, "I am handling this like an adult, Derek. You betrayed my trust and I left. I need time to myself. I need a break, just to process things. I don't want my son-" She begins as I cut her off.

"Our son." I correct her.

"I don't need our son growing up in a household where his parent's constantly fight over a stupid ass mistake that his dad made." She states, harshly.

I let out a defeated exhale, "Can you just tell me where you're at so I can come see Louie and visit you guys?" I ask, "It would be better for us to handle this in person." I state.

Charlotte lets out an exasperated exhale as the words slip from my lips, "I'm coming back to work on Wednesday, we can talk then." She pauses, "Goodbye, Derek." She states in a low, harsh tone as the line goes dead, Charlotte hanging up the phone within a heartbeat.

"The line went dead." I state.

"She wasn't on the phone long enough so I didn't get enough to triangulate the exact location." Garcia states, letting out a sigh.

I sit up, shaking my head, "I need my wife and my son back. I know I screwed up, okay? I know, I just- I wish I could take it back, I wish I would have told her from the start." I state, my heart wrenching.

Garcia nods slowly at my words, understanding where I'm coming from with this all, "This can happen with anyone, Derek. It happened with Emily in the past, it can happen again with Spence. That's why I'm not so phased with finding out about it, I don't think any of us were." She states in a low, comforting tone, placing her hand on my knee.

I know I'm supposed to find comfort in her explanation of how it could happen to anyone — but I can't — I know I screwed up and I know there's barely anything I can do to fix it, to fix any of this.

I am quick to change the subject again, not wanting to discuss how I feel any longer than I already have because I know I'll break down into tears over it.

The door opens from the distance, revealing Luke and Reid walking into the house, Luke holding a tray with four cups of coffee, "Did you manage to get ahold of her?" Luke asks.

"Derek managed to talk to her for like a minute and a half, but it wasn't enough to get a set location." Garcia explains as we grab coffee from the tray in Luke's hands.

I take a small sip of my coffee as Reid glances at Garcia's computer, "Did you at least keep her on the phone long enough to get a distant location, like a street address or like a city or state that she might be in?" He asks, glancing over to me and Garcia.

"The only place she could he is New York, that's the only place she has family." I state in a defeated tone, giving my shoulders a small shrug, "But New York is so huge and she knows a shit ton of people there, so she could be anywhere from Brooklyn to the upper east side of Manhatten." I state.