05 | elevators.

charlotte rhodes.

My eyes flutter open slightly, unsure of where I'm at when I first look around.

"Derek?" I ask in a low, confused tone.

Derek walks into the room, a towel wrapped around his waist, "Hey, love." He states in a low tone, startling me.

Derek chuckles lightly, "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He states, walking over to his closet.

"What time is it?" I ask, my brow furrowed.

Derek glances at the clock on the bedside table, "6:38." He states.

"Why are you awake so early?" I ask.

"Because we have work." He states, giving his shoulders a shrug.

"We don't have to be there until eight." I mutter in annoyance, lying back down.

"We have a case." He states.

I glance over to Derek, rolling my eyes as he lets out a breathy chuckle - knowing that he purposely didn't wake me up earlier, just to make me run behind.

"I hate you." I mutter.

"Oh c'mon, you know you love me." He states, a small smile dancing on his lips.

I shake my head as he slowly walks approaches the bed. I sit up, denying any form of kisses that he tries to give me.

Derek lets out a heavy exhale, followed by a stifled groan, "Oh, come on! You don't want to kiss me now?" He asks in a low tone, his eyes narrowing slightly from my actions.

I sit up as I nod slightly, "I think you don't deserve it." I state with a small shrug.

Derek sighs as his head drops slightly, hiding the smile that dances on his lips, "You are so difficult to deal with sometimes, love." He mutters in a low tone, looking back over to me.

I smile softly as Derek's eyes meet mine, holding my gaze. He leans in slowly, his lips slowly colliding with mine. The kiss is so delicate, yet so passionate - the kind that makes the world feel like it's shifting under your feet, like your spinning, like your heart is about to explode from all the love it feels;

It feels as though sparks are flying all around us and the world is spinning in circles - but time feels like it's frozen.

_______________

I climb out of my car, my eyes landing on Derek in the distance. He grins, giving me a small and playful salute.

I smile softly, giving him a small and playful salute back. I grab my go-bag from the passenger seat and shut my car door, slowly walking down the pavement as I make my way to the steps of the bureau - leading up to the main entrance.

I feel someone come up behind me, "Hey, hey." A familiar voice states from behind me, resting a firm hand on my shoulder.

I turn slightly, my eyes landing on Spence, who smiles brightly, "Hey." I state in a soft tone, a small smile dancing on my lips.

Spence glances over to Derek in the distance, who's walking in with Garcia, "You and Derek didn't come to work together? I thought you were at his place last night." He states in a low tone, glancing back to me.

I nod slightly "I was..." I pause for a moment, letting out a sharp sigh, "The team just doesn't know about us yet." I explain, giving my shoulders a small shrug.

Spence nods, piercing his lips together, "Do you want the team to know?" He asks.

I smile softly, "I want whatever Derek wants, whatever he's ready for. I just want him to be happy - that's all I've ever wanted, ever since the start. From the moment I ended up in the hospital, that's all I've ever wanted. I even told him that." I state in a soft tone, my eyes slowly traveling to Derek.