14 | ready or not?

a/n: hi my loves! just thought i'd drop in a photo of a faceclaim.

this is louie:

*if you watch chicago fire, you may recognize him as dawson and casey's foster child*

here are the police codes used this chapter:
• 10-4: acknowledgement.
• 10-79: notify coroner.
• 10-80: chase in progress.
• 10-101: "what is status?" (are you secure?)
• 10-106: "secure" (status is secure)

anyways, that's all. enjoy! i love you all<33
------------------------------------------------------------------

charlotte rhodes.

I begin to pack up my things, letting out a sharp exhale — I need a minute, just a minute, to myself. My plan for tonight is to head back to Derek's mom's house, shower, and hopefully find some kind of lead to the case by the morning.

I know I probably shouldn't go to Derek's mom's house right now, only because of mine and Derek's big blow out — knowing that he probably doesn't want me around while he tries to clear his head — but I can't help it. I can't not be around him right now, which sucks, because he needs his space.

Plus, his mom's place is the only place that makes me feel at home — other than in being in his arms. Those two places are the only two spots that make me feel warm, welcome, and safe. They're the places that make me feel like I can breathe for a minute.

"Charlotte!" I hear Derek call out from behind me as I walk down the stairs.

My footsteps immediately come to a halt, the sound of his voice stopping me in my tracks.

I turn around at the top of the staircase, my eyes slowly meeting Derek's from across the empty bullpen. Derek anxiously rocks on his heels, unsure of what to say — I can tell that his mind is working at a million miles per hour, trying to lead him on the right track.

"I'm ready." He states, stumbling slightly over his words as he lets out a sharp exhale.

I stand there, frozen in my tracks — unsure of what to say, unsure of what to do.

My lips part slowly as my brow furrows slightly at Derek's words, "You- uh, I- you're ready? I thought you said you needed time. I was- I was gonna give you time. I don't want you feeling pressured to do this." I stammer, tripping over every bit of my words.

Derek shakes his head slightly, "I don't need time." He states, letting out a sharp breath as he takes a step forward, his eyes fixated on mine, "I'm ready. I'm so ready. I have thought about this moment since the day that I met you. I have always imagined how our life would be if we had kids." He admits.

I smile softly, "You have?" I ask.

Derek nods, grinning widely as the words escape his lips, "I didn't know if they would be our own or if they would be fostered, mainly because I didn't know if you wanted kids in general, therefore I didn't want you to feel pressured into having our own. But I have had it all thought out. We would get our own place — I would build and renovate our own place. We would have our kids. Hopefully a boy and a girl — therefore we could teach them how to play sports. Plus, we would have the team to back us up and Garcia would teach them how to play video games and Reid would teach them how to read..." He rambles on as I laugh softly at his small rhyme, tears filling my eyes.