The Emerald Forest

(Y/N): iiiIITTT!

You went from standing on solid ground to flying through the sky.

Well, maybe not flying... but falling.

With the speed at which you were falling, the wind burned your face, and blew your Boonie Hat off.

The roof of the forest is rapidly approaching.

(Y/N): Oh shit... Think think think!

Thinking back to the gift from Oz, you take a gamble and fire the grappling hook into the forest, hoping it would hit something.

You then collide with the roof of the forest, with twigs and branches cutting at your body.

You shut your eyes in anticipation as the ground is getting dangerously close.

Then, your arm is jerked, and you begin to swing forward.

You open your eyes, thanking whoever is watching over you, and breathe a sigh of relief.

Although your sigh is cut short by the Oak tree that you just slammed into.

Your hook-line then started gaining slack, as you continued to fall to the forest floor.

(Y/N): Damn it... after all of these enemies I've faced, I'm gonna die from a fall...

You then hit the ground with a sickening crunch, and a strange shattering sound.

Your eyes shoot open, as you take a sharp intake of air.

(Y/N): Owwwwwww...

You see black particles emanate from your body.

(Y/N): Whew... thanks Oz.

You lay your head back onto the ground, to catch your breath.

Until a deep growling comes from the forest.

You reach around for your lever action, only for it not to be there.

You glance upwards and see your lever action hanging from a tree branch. The sling had caught a branch on its way down.

You quickly stand up and unholster your revolver, and point it into the forest.

Your hand shakes as you carefully observe the tree line, looking for any sign of movement.

A black blur flies out of the forest and swipes at you. Knocking your revolver to the ground.

You unsheathe your tomahawk and knife as you get into a combat stance.

You see the black blur's true shape, which is that of a wolf, which is covered in bone armor. The Beowolf's eyes glow a bright red as it slowly approaches you on all fours.

You charge the Beowulf with your tomahawk raised, as the Beowolf rushes you as well.

The Beowolf swipes at you, which you dodge under, and you follow up by planting your tomahawk into it's shoulder.

It lets out an ungodly cry and falls to the ground, injured.

You then plant your knife into the beast's skull, causing the Beowolf to dissolve into black particles.

Panting, you drop the knife to the ground, and put your hands on your knees.

(Y/N): (exhale)

After catching your breath, you aim your grappling hook upwards.

You fire the hook to where it snags on your lever action's sling.

You retract the rope and sling your rifle over your shoulder.

You then bend down and pick up your.44 magnum. Spinning the revolver, you re holster it.

You grab your rifle from your shoulder and begin to travel through the forest.

Slowly making your way through the forest, you carefully watch your surroundings. Checking around every tree, and moving towards the occasional gunshot.

Eventually, you hear a pair of familiar voices.

As you approach you see that they have stopped on a small hill.

Yang: You think this is it?

Blake turns her head to Yang, and then back towards some ruins.

(Y/N): Howdy ladies.

Both Yang and Blake quickly turn to face you, with weapons at the ready. But they quickly lower them, seeing who it was.

Yang: Hey there, (Y/N). Found a partner yet?

(Y/N): (sigh), nope.

Yang: Aw well, you can just run with us!

(Y/N): Thanks you two.

The three of you walk down into the ruins, where there are an array of chess pieces, sitting atop of their own pedestals.

Blake: Chess pieces?

Yang: Some of them are missing, looks like we weren't the first ones here.

Blake: Well, I guess we should pick one.

You all proceed to observe the chess pieces.

Yang picks up a white knight

Yang: How about a cute little pony!

Blake: Sure.

(Y/N): I guess I'll follow suit.

You then grab a black knight piece. Strangely enough, there was only one piece.

(Y/N): Ah well...

You walk towards Blake and Yang.

(Y/N): Well, that wasn't so hard.

Blake: Well, it's not like this place is hard to find...

Yang: Well... what now?

The three of you quickly whip your heads towards the forest, where you hear a very feminine scream.

Yang: Some girl's in trouble!

Yang: Did you guys hear that?! What should we do?

Meanwhile, you and Blake are staring at the sky, as Ruby begins to fall towards you.

Ruby: Head's uuuuuuup!!!!