The Beginning of the End

You sit on the bookshelf under the windowsill of your dorm, with your head in your hands.

Your team sits on the bottoms of the bunk beds, Ruby and Yang on one, and Blake and Weiss on the other.

General Ironwood continues to pace the floor.

Ironwood: I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice.

Yang: But he attacked me!

Ironwood: Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: But Yang would never do that!

Ruby: Yeah!

Ironwood: You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances.

You look up and glare at Ironwood.

Ironwood: What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past...

Yang: But I wasn't-

Ironwood: That's ENOUGH!

Ironwood: The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified.

You slam your fist down onto the bookshelf, cracking it.

(Y/N): DAMN IT! James, can't you do anything?!

Ironwood glares at you and sighs.

Ironwood: It's out of my hands, (Y/N)...

He exits the dorm.

Yang: You guys believe me, right?

Ruby: Duh!

(Y/N): Of course!

Weiss: You're hotheaded, but not ruthless.

(Silence)

Yang: Blake?

Blake solemnly turns away.

You, Ruby, and Weiss all look at each other.

Blake: I want to believe you...

Ruby: Huh!?

Weiss: What's that supposed to mean?

Yang: Blake?

You see tears form in Yang's eyes.

Weiss: How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!

Blake: I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual - little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first they were accidents, then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. (she pauses) This is all just... very familiar. But you're not him. And you've never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I will trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that he attacked you. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did.

Yang wipes the tears from her eyes.

Yang: I saw him attack me, so I attacked back.

Blake takes a deep breath.

Blake: Okay. Thank you.

Yang: I think I'm gonna rest up.

Blake: We'll get out of your hair...