Welcome to Beacon

You, Ozpin, and Glynda stand inside Ozpin's office, looking out over the campus of Beacon.

A large Atlesian airship lands at Beacon's dock.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels.

Ozpin: Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man.

A notification appears on Ozpin's desk, followed by the door to the office opening.

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin stands up to greet the general, while you exaggeratedly click your heels together and salute.

Ozpin: Hello General.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities.

You drop your salute as the two headmasters shake hands.

Ironwood: It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda waves her hand sarcastically.

Glynda: Oh James.

Glynda: I'll be outside.

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

As she makes her way to the elevator, you greet the general.

(Y/N): General.

Ironwood: Ah, (Y/N)! Good to see you again!

(Y/N): Likewise, sir. How are Winter and the AceOps doing?

Ironwood: They're doing fine, the AceOps just acquired their new recruit.

(Y/N): Great!

Ozpin turns to his desk.

Ozpin: So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? (He picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks.) Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival.

He hands a cup to both you, and Ironwood.

Ironwood pulls a flask from his coat and pours the contents into the cup.

(Y/N): Good idea...

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year. Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up.

Ozpin sits and pours some of his own coffee.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.

Ozpin: (Takes a drink and sets down his mug.) We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: But if what Qrow said is true...

Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully.

(Y/N): Don't worry, General... I'm already working on it.

Ironwood nods.

Ozpin: It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious...

Ozpin: As are we. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can.