Part 2: 50.// Attacked

I woke up a few hours later to an empty room, the bright afternoon sun was shining through the windows of the infirmary room right onto my face. I had to admit I felt a lot better with even just the little bit of sleep I had just gotten. I felt refreshed.

Even with how much better I was feeling I knew June would never let me continue with work for the day so I decided I would go back to my room for a quick shower and head outside to see what everyone was doing.

It was about time the young pups and teenagers would be coming home from school, it was Friday so I am sure they would all be very energized for the weekend ahead.

Once outside my suspicions were correct when I see some of the kids playing and teenagers hanging around with their friends, same with some adult. It was a nice day and I was glad to see so many people outside enjoying it. It made pride swell up inside me seeing my pack like this, I did this. A thriving pack is all any alpha could ask for and I got it.

As I was scanning my surroundings I spot Kevin and another pack warrior talking and decide it's a better time then never to go and confront him about him giving me the cold shoulder. As much as the alpha in me didn't want to admit it, it really hurt the human side of me that my only living relative, well the only one I considered a relative, was so angry with me.

As I approach the pack warrior noticed me first, and stopped talking to Kevin to give me a small bow, I only smiled and turned to Kevin to find him already turned towards me looking at me not giving away any emotion, like always.

"If you would please excuse I would like to speak to Kevin alone for a minute if you don't mind?" I say the warrior who only nods and walks away.

I turn back to Kevin and just look at him, seeing if he would say anything first and he does.

With a sigh Kevin uncrosses his arms and throws his arms up in the air with a sigh. "Don't look at me like that, I hate when you do that."

"I'm not looking at you like anything Kevin." I state with a little smirk knowing exactly what he meant.

"You know what I mean Sarah, that intimidating look you give everyone when you want something." He says a little annoyed. But he wasn't wrong I did want something.

"I want to know why you've been giving me the cold shoulder, as much as I hate to admit it Kevin, it does hurt me you not talking to me, I am not only your alpha but I am also your niece, and that will always come first." The hurt was evident in my voice no matter how much I tried to hide it. I've always been good hiding my emotions but from my uncle, he always brought out the emotions in me. I could never hide from him.

He looks down and shakes his head a bit, I could tell it was bothering him too, I just needed him to talk to me. "You're right, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be acting like this, and I want you to know I do see where you are coming from when it comes to Blake, I can understand how hard this all must be for you and you probably need me more than ever right now."

It felt good to hear him say that, it really did, because again he wasn't wrong, I do need him, more than anything, I need my uncle by my side. "I need you to trust me Kevin, I need you to trust me that I can figure things out on my own and believe in me not as your alpha but as your niece, you and this pack are all I got, I can't have you pushing me away." I say, I could feel myself tearing up at my words that were hard to admit. I didn't like being vulnerable, that was no secret, but like I said, he's all I got.

"I'm sorry Sarah, you're right, I won't do it again, and know that I do trust your judgment even if I don't agree with it, you need to make decisions for yourself and I can't get in the way of it. I love you."