//2. Mates

Beep....Beep....Beep.....Beep.....Beep....

I wake up to that noise and the smell of disinfectant, and if that didn't already tell me I was in a hospital, then the plain white walls, and the fact that i'm in a hospital bed with a machine connected to me definitely did. There's a breathing mask over my mouth and nose, and there is an IV in my arm. I notice that i'm in the only one in the room. I try to remember the event's that happened before I ended up in the hospital, or why i'm even in the hospital.

I try to sit up, but then pain immedietly shoots through my back making me whimper out in pain. Then everything comes back to me in a flash. The rouges, the pup, and then Blake.

Wait..... Shit!!

Blake Blacks my mate. God damn it. This is so embarrassing. He's probably the one who brought me here. He probably thinks I'm weak. This is definitely not the way I planned on meeting my mate.

NO!! why do I even care, I don't care what he thinks, it shouldn't matter, I should be worrying about this.

Then it hit me. The pup! Oh my god. What happened to the pup?! I need to make sure he's okay!

I rip the IV out of my arm, ignoring the blood dripping down my arm, then I quickly take off the oxygen mask, and almost immediately I can't breath. I stand up from the bed ignoring the pain in my back and leg, trying to get air into my burning lungs. But my legs are weak and fall from underneath me. I land on the ground on my stomach, so I get up on my hands and knees, trying to take in air but I can't, I start to rip at my sore throat thinking that it will help but it doesn't. My eyesight is blurry and black spot's cloud my vision, but then I see four silhouettes of people running into the room. I already know one is Blake by the smell. He's right next to me in seconds.

"God damn it Sarah, what were you doing." he said as he lifted me back up onto the bed. Then another person put's the mask back on my face, and I immediately suck in as much air that my burning lugs will take, and start coughing. Then he sticks the IV back into my arm after wiping all the blood off. Then after a couple of minutes I stop coughing and my eyesight is back to normal. That's when I notice that the three other people that came into the room was a doctor and a nurse, then there was a girl around my age, I believe her name is Rose. Iv'e seen her around school some.

I try to sit back up but I'm stopped my the doctor holding me down. "Just lay down and rest, your body took quite a beating and it needs to heal." I tried to ask him about the pup but then nothing come out but a rasp and I start coughing again. My throat starts to burn. He quickly took my mask off and gave me some water to drink and then put the mask back on. "Your throat is swollen from when the rouge bit you, so you won't be able to talk for at least another day." I just nod my head at the doctor. "Your one hell of a fighter Luna, normally no wolf would have been able to survive that attack on there own." he said smiling at me with pride.

Wait...Luna? I'm not there Luna, he needs to get his facts straight. I try to tell him that but then I remember that I can't so I just nod at him again. "Now you are going to have to stay another night so we can keep an eye on you, but tomrrow you can go home, and your throat shouldn't be swollen anymore so you'll be able to talk. Now I'll leave you be to rest. It was an honor meeting you Luna." he said then bowed his head. I just stared at him with a blank face as he and the nurse walked out. Then it was just Rose, Blake, and I. I Looked over at them and Rose had a beaming smile on her face. Blake was just staring at me with concern. We sat in silence for what felt like forever but in reality it probably was only really like ten seconds before Rose started to jump up and down and then run over to me excitedly. "You were so bad ass when you killed all those rouges, I mean it would have taken several of out pack warriors to take them all down and you managed to to do it all while protecting the pup." she said with amazement in her voice.