Part 2: 43.// Distraction

It's been almost a week and there has been no sign of these pure wolves. All the alphas have been keeping each other informed and so far everything's normal. Our trackers a few days ago caught onto a lead but it was a dead end, but they are still looking.

I haven't heard of or seen Blake since the meeting, but that doesn't stop him from invading my thoughts once in a while. Because of this I've been trying to distract myself as much as I can with pack work and just keeping myself busy. That's why right now I'm in my office working on paperwork, it's almost 1 am, Friday night. I know it's getting late but I'm afraid that if I go to bed and try to sleep, I would start thinking about him.

Another thing to keep myself distracted when I wasn't doing pack work, training, or anything else, I was researching about these pure wolves, but in every werewolf history book I've read, science book I've read, any books I've ready, I couldn't find anything. It was like it was magic. In the werewolf wold, if one half of ones being dies, being either wolf or human, they both die. It just didn't make sense.

I set my pen down and put my head in my hands. I could feel a headache coming on, this was all so stressful. I know the pure wolves would attack again, I felt it in my gut. They attacked more than one pack, it's more than just a vendetta against a pack, they are planning something against all of us.

My head shot up from the load bang of my door opening and June, Tristan, and Greg come running in, panting and panic stricken. My alpha mode immediately kicked in and I stood from my chair.

"What happened?" I asked using my alpha command not wanting to waste any time.

"Alpha Alex, one of our teenage pack members had wondered off the pack territory without anyone knowing, she managed to make it back to the pack and one of our border patrols found her but she said she was attacked and she is badly injured." Greg said and I immediately started running to the border using my wolf speed, everyone following behind me.

I could smell them and the blood before I can could see them, there was about five pack warriors, Kevin, and our pack doctor. They were all surrounding a young girl no older then sixteen. Once they felt my presence they backed away and bowed except for the pack doctors checking out the unconscious girls wounds. The poor girl had blood all over her. Scratches lingered her body and I could see a huge gash on her head. She would live and heal fine but no one at this young of an age should go through something like this.

"Someone better tell me now how she managed to get passed my border control, and what the hell fucking happened!" I commanded using my alpha voice and letting my eyes shine gold. My anger was at an all time high right now. My pack is one of the strongest and well trained and the fact that this even happens was absolutely atrocious. 

"Alpha Alex, according to her friends they were playing around and they said they dared her to cross over the territory. Once she got over she was attacked to what we believe was a rouge, but we can't be sure right now since she's unconscious. We've sent trackers out to find the attacker as soon as we found her." One of the pack warriors told me, I'm guessing he's the one that must have found her.

"Where are her friends right now?" My anger never settled even with the explanations, how incompetent can my warriors be to let this happen?

"We sent them home alpha and informed all of their parents of the issue, they will be punished according by them, Alpha." Kevin stated. Good. Stupid pups should know better. I understand being a kid and wanting to cause mischief but at least stay within the pack.

"June inform alpha Jeremy of the incident right away, I'll be in to speak with him as soon as I'm done here." I tell June and she does as asked and head right back to the pack house. "Doc, take her to the infirmary as soon as she's stable. And warriors I expected more from you, arrange more around the clock border patrol, a mistake like this must never happen again! I'm I clear!?"

"Yes Alpha." Was said by everyone with there heads down not wanting to see me wrath right now.

"Doc inform me as soon as she's awake and able to speak. Her parents are already waiting at the infirmary." I tell her before walking off. One of the nurses had mind linked me and told me that her parents were waiting.

I headed back into the pack house trying to calm myself down. My wolf wanted control, but I pushed her down. She felt more angry at her packs incompetence.

I reached my office with June waiting for me at my desk on the phone with who I'm guessing is obviously alpha Jeremy. She holds the phone out towards me and I take it and sit down at my desk.

"Alpha Jeremy." I state trying to be professional.
"I'm sure June has caught you up on the recent events that just occurred."

"Yes she has, I'm glad you called. Is the girl going to be okay?" He asks me with genuine concern. Something that Alpha Jeremy always has for anyone even if he doesn't know them. He's a caring alpha. I respect that.

"Yes she will live, she's unconscious at the moment so I'll have to wait till she wakes up to question her, but that's why I called. I'm afraid Alpha Jeremy that a pure wolf has attacked her and they are watching us outside our borders. I would like you to come tomorrow and help me question the girl and figure out where to go from there if it isn't an issues." Alpha Jeremy was wise and would know what to do. this is the first attack in a week even if it wasn't direct, but if it was a pure wolf we would need to figure out where to go from there, especially if they are watching us closer than we thought.

"Of course Alpha Alex I will be there by morning with a few of my pack warriors."

"Great, thank you, I'll see you in the morning." After that I hang up and sigh. June was sitting in front of me, I could see she was stressed as well. Being a beta without a third in command to help her or me packs on a lot of work for us, but she has never complained once. When Kevin turned down my request for him to be my third and declined, I haven't found anyone else worthy of the title. Don't get me wrong I have many great pack members, but being part of the Alphas hierarchy is a stressful and time consuming job. I just haven't found anyone yet that I felt could handle it and do a good job too.

"Sarah, I'm worried. We don't know who's behind these attacks or how they are making these pure wolves. I'm afraid that this might end up in a war." June was right, if we can't figure this out soon there is a big possibility that this might end up in a war.

"I know June, I'm worried too." And for the first time in a long time, I didn't know what to do.