009; that's mom

third person.

"hey do you wanna go to dunkin?" max said as he made his way down the stairs, walking over to where his sister was sitting before grabbing his car keys.

"i went earlier with corbyn," mollie replied, "thanks though."

"okay well i need to go run some errands so do you want to come with?"

"no i-"

"but you like going on car journeys."

mollie furrowed her eyebrows slightly, placing her phone down before turning to look at the boy, "if you're lonely just say that."

"i'm lonely." max shrugged before he gave her a smile, "now please come."

"fine," she sighed, standing up before the two headed towards his car, "but i do actually kind of want a drink from dunkin now."

"we can go get one," max told her, the two getting into his car before mollie gave him a nod, putting on her seatbelt.

"you still need to finish the wall in the office," max continued, trying to find a way to fill their drive and finding a way to keep the conversation going before hearing mollie laugh slightly.

"i ran out of paints."

"again?"

"well, when you use paints, they're going to run out." mollie looked at him as he slowly nodded.

"but you use them so quickly," he furrowed his brows, scratching the back of his neck.

"i paint a lot," the girl shrugged, looking down at her phone as max took a subtle deep breath.

"i'll get you some," he offered, "your birthday is soon anyway."

"it's literally three weeks away."

"then it's an early birthday present." the boy rolled his eyes, stopping at a red light before glancing at her, "who are you texting?"

"why?" mollie asked him.

"because you like to interrogate me about who i-"

"right that's because you act shady about it," she turned to face him, raising her eyebrows as max shook his head, "because you never tell me who it is while you're smiling at your phone, is it astrid?"

"is who astrid?"

"the person you've been texting for like two weeks straight." she told him.

"maybe," he slowly nodded, "but she hasn't been the person you're suspicious about, me and her are just friends right now."

"then who else is it?"

"why do i have to tell you that?" he huffed, turning back to the wheel before continuing to drive to their destination.

"i'm your sister," mollie said, "and i am also your only friend."

"funny thing is you're not my friend." max told her, turning right and pulling into the parking lot of a large park as a look of confusion appeared on the girls face.

"a park is a weird place to run an errand," mollie mentioned, glancing around as the boy slowly nodded.

"i just need to meet someone here quickly," he said, bringing his car to a stop before taking off his seatbelt, "we'll only be five minutes."

"who are you meeting?" she asked him, "do i know them?"

"uh, her." max pointed out of the girl's window, towards a lady much older than herself who was standing just beside the pavement, subtly watching the car.