029; just protective

third person.

"alright, mollie." diana spoke up as she closed the door to the room the two were sat in, walking over to the table and chairs and sitting down opposite the girl, "obviously we didn't have the start either of us were expecting last time and so i thought it'd be good for us to restart, without your mom in the room because i noticed you didn't seem that comfortable with her here."

"sorry about last time." she replied, her hands covered by the sleeves of her hoodie as diana shrugged before giving her a smile.

"it happens," diana said, "i was told you tried therapy in the past..?"

"uh, yeah." mollie nodded, "it didn't go that well."

"i did hear that you punched your therapist." she said through a nervous laugh, "i'm going to hope i don't get the same treatment and hope we do get along well."

"me too."

"alright so," diana began while looking down at a sheet of paper, shaking her head and placing it to the side of her, "as i said last time, if there's anything you feel uncomfortable talking about right now then that's perfectly fine and we can move on from it."

"and if it does make you feel a lot more safer, none of what you say will leave this room unless it is something that does become a big concern but even then it will not go to your mom," she explained, "sound good?"

"yeah, that makes me feel a little better." mollie said through a sigh, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"how about we start off with yours and your moms relationship," diana suggested, watching the girl opposite her slowly nodded, "do you both get along with each other?"

"uh, well it's complicated." she shrugged.

"do you mind saying in what ways..?"

"she only really got involved about a month ago with me and my brother," mollie explained, "she's nice and i do like her but sometimes she can be a little over the top."

"controlling?"

"i wouldn't say that." she shook her head, "just protective, maybe?"

"how does she react to your mental struggles? is she supportive with that?" diana asked as mollie paused for a moment.

"in some ways," mollie glanced at the window to the left of her, "i don't know, she's okay."

"i get the impression that you like to hide what you're feeling," the therapist mentioned, crossing one leg over the other as mollie looked back at her, "you don't like to speak about what bothers you."

"it depends." she shrugged once.

"okay, let's focus this session on getting to know each other," diana said, throwing her hands up and smiling, "hopefully it'll try and make you more comfortable if you know more about me and you can see that i'm trustworthy."

"okay.."

"last session you told me you enjoy to paint," she mentioned, watching mollie nod, "well, there is a wall in the main area of the building that needs to have something painted to welcome new patients."

"oh i'm painting a wall in the office of my house," mollie replied, "i'm a little bit off finishing it but i really like painting big walls."

"what have you painted on it?"

"um, my boyfriend and i we have this field we go to where we stargaze and talk, so it's that field with a sunset and a hot air balloon," she explained, "it's nothing meaningful or inspiring but it helps me relax so.."