072; i paid for a month

third person.

that friday evening, before going to the party jack had arrived outside of mollie's house, waiting for her to answer the door once he knocked on it a couple of times.

he had lied to nicole about where he needed to be before the party, only so she wouldn't come with him to see her best friend when the sole purpose of him being there was for the gift he wanted to give her.

and so, mollie soon opened the door and invited the boy in, the pair walking up to her room before jack took a seat on the chair by her desk.

"are you not going to the party?" jack asked her, noticing the hoodie and sweatpants she still had on as she shook her head, "why?"

"because i don't like parties," mollie replied, grabbing the canvas leant again the wall as jack frowned, "i'll only leave early if i go."

"nic would want you to go," he shrugged.

"it's fine," she shook her head, "anyway, here is the painting you wanted for her, if you don't like it i can paint it again."

"no i love it," jack smiled, "nic is going to love it, thank you so much."

"you're very welcome," the girl smiled slightly, "it is in time for your one year isn't it?"

"literally just in time, it's in two days." jack said through a laugh before mollie gave him a nod, "you should do this as a job."

"do what?"

"paint things for people, like an actual artist." he suggested, "i think people would pay good money for pieces, especially if they're special to them."

"do you think?" she asked, tilting her head slightly before looking at the canvas she had just painted.

"yeah," he nodded, "go for it, give it a try because i swear people would love your work."

"and you won't have to actually work in a social setting, you'll be doing something you enjoy doing, it won't feel like a job and that's a good thing." he continued, watching mollie nod before looking back at him.

"yeah, that does sound fun." she smiled whilst handing the canvas to him, "i might give it a try."

"you should," jack returned the smile, "you sure you don't want me to pay for it?"

"no actually, not since i found out you paid for my therapy." mollie raised her eyebrows as jack slowly went quiet, "a whole week?"

"nicole is such a snitch," he mumbled, "i paid for the month."

"do you realise how much that is?"

"well i do now." the boy laughed as they began to walk back down the stairs, "don't worry about it, i didn't mind."

"but why'd you pay for it?" mollie asked him, folding her arms as they walked to the front door.

"the canvas." jack shrugged, opening the front door before turning around to face the girl, "and i was a bit of a dick a few months ago and said things i shouldn't of, it was just to make up for it."

"what did you say?"

"it was just when that whole thing went on about where you were and nic wanted to come see you but i said she shouldn't go, it was just making up for saying that," he explained as mollie nodded, "i wanted to be priority for once but it's okay."

"sorry," she subtly frowned, "i'm sure you'll be top priority soon."

"nah i don't care about that," jack shook his head, "anyway are you feeling better than a few days ago?"

"hm? i'm great." the girl replied, "yeah i'm fine."

"did you ever accept nic's offer to move in with her?" jack asked, a small smile on his face as mollie let out a sigh.

"not yet, i think she should just move in with you." mollie replied, "just avoid the whole stress of me and-"

"but she wants to live with you." he interrupted her, "that's all she talks about."

mollie paused for a few seconds before she eventually replied with a shrug, watching the smile on the boy's face slowly fade as he glanced down at his phone.

"she's worried about you," he continued, "we both are."

"then tell her i'm okay." mollie said.

"are you?" he raised an eyebrow, "for sure?"

"don't you have a party to get to?"

"you're avoiding the question."

"i think nic is waiting for-"

"are you home alone tonight?" jack asked, interrupting her sentence as she shook her head.

"astrid is upstairs." mollie told him.

"where's max?"

"work." she quickly said.

"right," he slowly nodded, "i think moving in with nic will be good for you, she won't stop asking until you do."

"i'll ruin her social life." mollie replied, "it's better if i don't."

"breaking my girlfriend's heart is not something i allow." jack looked at her, "change that answer or so help you."

"you're like four foot what are you going to do?" she said as jack rolled his eyes, "speaking of your girlfriend, isn't she waiting for you?"

"she is." jack nodded, "think more on moving in with her, don't break her heart."

"i won't break her heart," mollie slowly shook her head, "have fun at the party."

"if you need someone, call me or nicole." jack began to back away from the front door, "i'll make sure one of us is sober for you, or if we won't be i'm sure zach will."

"okay, that's noted." mollie gave him a small smile, "now bye, go have fun."

"alright bye, thank you for the painting. i'll film her reaction for you." he smiled, receiving a nod from the girl before the front door was closed and he made his way to his car.

a/n