026; you embarrassed me

third person.

after waiting to be called in for mollie's first therapy appointment with her mother by her side, her name was eventually called and the pair walked into the room side by side.

mollie sat down on the seat opposite to her therapist, the sleeves of her hoodie covering her hands while her left leg was bouncing up and down, a blank stare on her face as monica sat on the chair at the edge of the room.

"so, mollie." the therapist said, closing the door to the room as she sat down opposite the girl, "before we start, you're comfortable with your mom being in the room, yes?"

"yeah." mollie slowly nodded, noticing the glare monica was giving her, "yeah i don't mind it."

"okay," she smiled slightly as her hand went to her chest, "alright, i'm diana and i'll be your therapist for however long you need or want me for. why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"uhm, i'm molllie." mollie shrugged, "i don't really.. i don't know what to say."

"that's fine," diana nodded, "do you have any hobbies?"

"i paint," she replied, "i like to paint and i also like to stargaze, sometimes i journal too."

"i do journaling," her therapist smiled slightly, "do you enjoy it?"

"yeah, i don't do it often, it's relaxing but i just much prefer painting," the girl explained, easing into the conversation slightly as she tucked her hair behind her ear, her hands falling into her lap.

"okay, it's good that you have hobbies to help you relax," diana told her, "do you want to get into the main purpose of this now?"

"yes we do," monica nodded, diana glancing in her direction with a confused expression appearing on her face, one that was quickly disguised before looking back at mollie.

"it's up to you mollie," diana reassured the girl.

"yeah sure."

"so i know that there are a lot of things to cover and that's okay, it's not a problem so don't feel like you're a problem or anything because i assure you it's my job, i want to help you as much as i can," she explained, watching mollie nod as a small smile appeared on her face, "if at any point there's something you don't want to answer or talk about just tell me and i'll move on from it, no questions asked."

"okay," mollie replied, giving her a smile as diana soon returned it.

"when you think of a family, can you tell me what comes to your mind?" diana asked, "the first few things."

the girl paused for a moment, staring at the ground while she was thinking as diana patiently waited for an answer from her.

"the obvious one is me i-"

"this is mollie's session." diana interrupted the woman, looking over at her and gesturing towards the girl sat opposite, "if you could just let her answer on her own."

"can we skip that one?" mollie looked back at her therapist, scratching the back of her head as diana gave her a nod.

"of course."

"that's the reason we came," monica mumbled, rolling her eyes before diana let out a sigh, "you know the answer to the question-"

"could you just let me answer by myself?" mollie turned to look at her, "you're not helping, i'm trying to think and do this."

"okay-"

"you're not thinking hard enough." monica argued, "tell her what comes to mind, we already know it's me and your brother."

"how the fuck would you know-"

"monica," diana interrupted the pair's conflict, "just let mollie answer on her own."

"i'm not doing this," she mumbled, shaking her head before standing up and leaving the room.

"mollie don't be an embarrassment," monica replied, following her daughter out of the room and towards the exit of the building, "you're overreacting."

"don't talk to me." mollie told her, walking through the doors to the entrance of the building and over to where monica's car was parked.

"don't be a crybaby," she rolled her eyes, unlocking her car before the two got into it, "do you know how embarrassing that is for my daughter to storm out of a session?"

"well if you'd let me answer something by myself then i wouldn't have done that," the girl argued, raising her voice slightly as monica raised her brows, "or instead of forcing me into doing it you could've actually asked if i wanted to."

"i'm doing this to help you." monica said, "so you can get better."

"you can't help me." mollie turned to face her, "there is no fixing me or making me get better, i'm fucked up and-"

"don't use that word in front of your-"

"mom just listen," mollie sighed, wiping one of her eyes before she took a deep breath, "you can't 'fix' me."

"it's all in your head," monica said, watching her daughter grow more frustrated while she constantly shook her head, "you need to stop acting like it controls your life."

"mom," she frowned, tears beginning to fall down her face as she leant back in her seat, monica pulling away from the building, "please just listen to what i'm saying."

"you need to accept the help," monica told her, "if you really loved me you'd go to therapy, and stop the tears that won't get you anywhere."

"you embarrassed me." monica continued, receiving no reply from the girl in the passenger seat who was now finding it difficult to keep her breathing at a steady pace, "you do know i have to pay for that? we were in there for ten minutes."

"i still tried," mollie sobbed, staring out of the window desperately trying to stop her crying as her mom pulled up outside of her apartment complex.

and as she turned off her car, they fell into a small state of silence apart from the sound of mollie wanting to control her crying and breathing while monica fiddling with her car keys.

"i'm only doing this because i care about you," she told her, "look at me while i'm talking to you, it helps."

"sorry," mollie mumbled, turning her head towards monica.

"i love you," monica said, "you shouldn't be crying about a therapy session at eighteen."

"but-"

"you know better." she interrupted the girl, wiping the tears from under her eyes before a small smile appeared on her face, "stop crying, we're having take out for dinner."

"i'm not hungry." mollie shook her head.

"if you really loved me you'd eat something," monica tilted her head, getting out of the car as mollie's crying immediately started up again but following in her mom's actions as they walked up to her apartment.

"crying isn't going to solve any issues." she continued, unlocking the front door before letting her daughter walk in first who quickly walked off to the room she had been staying in, "i'll order the food."

a/n

so? 🤭

so? 🤭

also, mollie called her mom 🤭