016; i think she's lovely

third person.

after the guys had landed back in virginia and corbyn had some time to get ready for the meal he was having that evening, the boy eventually pulled up outside of the restaurant that monica wanted to meet him at, already seeing his girlfriend sitting outside and waiting for him.

the restaurant itself was classy, it had a modern exterior with marble pillars that were lit up by the lights shining on each of them, and through the big glass windows corbyn could tell this place seemed too fancy for what mollie would have chosen.

but despite the appearance of the building, he got out of the car and walked over to the girl, greeting her with a hug and a kiss on her forehead before he glanced around.

"where's your mom?"

"she's waiting inside." mollie told him, "are you nervous?"

"yes," he nodded and smiled, "can you not feel the sweat on my hands?"

"no and i don't want to, that's gross." she frowned, walking through the entrance with him and over to the table monica had placed herself at, a small smile on her face once she saw the boy.

"uh, monica this is corbyn." mollie said, gesturing towards the boy before she watched monica stand up and pull the boy in for a hug, "i don't think-"

"well it's lovely to meet you," monica smiled as corbyn quickly returned the hug, "i'm monica, mollie's mom."

"yeah, i've heard some good things about you." he nodded, giving her a smile before the three of them sat back down at the table as mollie instantly picked up the menu.

"so, corbyn." she said, looking up at him.

"hm?"

"are you in college or anything?" monica asked as he shook his head and laughed slightly, "you're not?"

"i dropped out a few months ago," he replied, "i'm in a band with my best friends so we all left college to do that instead."

"a band?" she raised her eyebrows as corbyn gave her another nod, "that's interesting, mollie didn't tell me about that."

"i didn't realise i had to," mollie mentioned, glancing up at her mom before looking at corbyn, "i didn't.. i don't know, you just asked if i had a boyfriend i didn't realise i had to tell you everything about him."

"no it's okay," monica shrugged, moving her gaze back towards corbyn as he sighed slightly, "how is that band thing going?"

"great," the boy smiled, "yeah i love it, it makes me super happy."

"good, that's good." she nodded and smiled, "mollie doesn't really have anything-"

"we know." she interrupted monica, "we know i'm not doing anything."

corbyn soon furrowed his brows slightly, the menu in his hand as he glanced between the two that were sitting opposite sides of the table from each other.

it was more than obvious there was tension, and also clear that they were related through the way they spoke and acted to the features in their appearance, but that didn't stop the boy from still feeling weird about the whole situation.

but to him, it seemed like monica was making more than enough effort in trying to step back into her daughter's life, and although he knew mollie didn't seem extremely keen on it he was still happy that she had the potential to have a bond with her mom, despite how it happened.

and so after the three of them decided what to eat and gave their order to the waiter, less than a half hour afterwards, they received their meals and as usual, corbyn was glancing over at mollie to see her subtly picking at her food.