022; i'm your mom

third person.

ice skating went down better than either of them expected and by the end of the three hours they were there, it was more than obvious that they were getting along and finally gaining a bond they were desperate to have.

mollie had spent the majority of those three hours teaching her mom skills she had only just remembered when she stepped back onto the rink and also perfecting a routine she never got to perform in any competition, as she had quit before ever getting the chance to.

"do you think there's a rink closer to where i live?" mollie asked, coming over to the side of the rink where monica had been sitting, "doing this makes me want to get back into it."

"there probably is," monica nodded, "we can look when we get back to the apartment if you want to?"

"sounds good," mollie smiled, removing herself from the rink before she took a sit on the bench beside monica, "why didn't max come with us?"

"oh," monica shrugged, "he just didn't want to."

"wasn't it his idea to give you another chance?" mollie asked her, taking off her skates while monica watched her do so.

"you always have so many questions to ask."

"i just," she paused before turning to face her, "sorry?"

"it's okay," the woman shook her head as she stood up, "don't worry about it."

"you didn't answer it though." mollie reminded her, standing up and grabbing her skates.

"well, yeah it was his idea." monica nodded, heading towards the exit of the building as mollie followed.

"so why didn't you invite him?"

"shall we go get dunkin?" she asked, holding the door open for her as mollie slowly nodded, a slight confused expression on her face as they headed to monica's car.

"you haven't told me much about corbyn's mom," she mentioned, the pair putting on their seatbelts as mollie shrugged.

"there isn't much to tell you," mollie replied, "i like her a lot, they're family to me and max."

"family?" she asked, "they're not related to you."

"they don't have to be." mollie told her, "they're there for the two of us and yeah, i like saskia."

"she's called saskia?"

"mhm," the girl nodded, "she's always there for me."

"well, i'm here now." monica looked at her as mollie sighed, "she doesn't need to be there, i'm here."

"she knows a lot more than you." mollie mumbled, "she knows everything.."

"alright," she raised her eyebrows, pulling into the parking lot of dunkin before turning her car engine off, "we can just leave the car here and walk over to the park, it's only five minutes away."

"okay."

after getting their drinks and walking over to the park before finding a spot to sit at and talk, mollie and monica eventually sat down on a small patch of grass where the sun was heavily shining, sat in silence as they looked around.

"what are your plans for your birthday?"

"um, corbyn is planning it." mollie replied, "he's not telling me until the day."

"that sounds fun." monica nodded, "do you have any guesses?"

"i got a pretty accurate guess," she raised her eyebrows, "but i can't say."