048; just breathe

( TW!!! panic attack )

third person.

two in the morning on a tuesday and all mollie could do at that moment in time was sit on the couch in her mom's apartment, the woman half asleep on the couch beside hers with a bottle of wine spilled onto the carpet.

it was not a new side of her mom that she had seen. monica had been this way in the past before she had left them and although mollie was only a child at the time she seemed to remember it vividly, only this time max wasn't around to help her to her bed.

the tv was on to fill the white noise in the apartment and mollie had a blanket wrapped around her while her eyes moved in between the tv and her mom, only to make sure monica was still okay.

"mollie," monica spoke up with a mumble, causing the girl to look over at her while she waved her arm that was hanging off of the couch around, "do you think you could get me some water?"

"mhm," she nodded, standing up and throwing her blanket behind her, "do you want ice in it or anything?"

"ice would be great." monica replied, remaining in her position on the couch while watching mollie walked over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cabinets, "i don't know if i have any."

the girl replied with nothing more than a nod as she opened the freezer, finding a small ice tray that was half filled with ice before taking it out of the freezer.

popping out a couple of ice cubes and throwing them into the glass, she moved the ice tray to one side before holding the glass under the water dispenser on the fridge, suddenly beginning to feel her breathing picking up slightly.

and as her hands began to shake and her heart picked up its pace, mollie tried her best to ignore the sudden feeling of panic before glancing around the room for an escape route.

"oh there's also the rest of my ice cream can you get that?" monica asked as she sat up, looking over at her daughter.

"yeah, yeah i..." she quickly nodded and opened the fridge freezer once more, bringing her sentence to a stop as her hand went to her chest once her breathing worsened and began to become uneven.

monica turned her head back to the direction of the tv, not noticing what was happening as she wrapped a blanket around her while mollie pulled at the collar of her hoodie before soon beginning to hyperventilate, still grabbing the glass of water.

"mom," mollie choked out, the water from the glass spilling onto the floor as monica looked over at her, soon becoming confused by the shaking of her hands, the almost gasping for air and the tears in her eyes.

"woah, okay what is happening?" she asked, standing up and walking over to the girl as she took the glass out of her hands, placing it to one side before mollie crouched down to lean against one of the kitchen counters, "mollie?"

"i feel like i-" she stopped herself for a moment, still trying to control her breathing as monica folded her arms and leant against the counter, "i'm gonna faint."

"you'll be fine," she shrugged, "you just seem a little.. upset?"

"no," mollie quickly shook her head, "no i-"

"i don't know how to help you," monica interrupted the girl, grabbing her glass of water and taking a few sips, "just breathe, i don't know what's wrong."

"i can't," she said, her nails digging into her legs while watching monica walk back over to the couch and sat back down.

moving her head back to the kitchen tiles, the girl sat there for the next ten minutes or so and tried her best to ground herself and control her breathing, her hand still placed onto her chest and constantly muttering words of reassurance to herself.

"mollie," monica called out as the girl looked over at her, "come over here, the kitchen floor is cold."

she nodded once, managing to pick herself up off the floor and walked over to where monica was sitting with open arms, falling down beside her as the woman wrapped a blanket around her and pulled the girl closer.

and that was how the two remained, together in silence for the next few hours as mollie focused on calming herself down with monica next to her asleep, one arm wrapped around mollie.

her eyes were scanning the room, looking for something to focus on for the rest of the night knowing that she wouldn't be able to sleep, until her eyes landed on a small see-through plastic bag tucked into the corner of the room.

staring at it a few seconds longer, the girl then noticed the contents inside of the bag, a small amount of white powder before mollie sat herself up and looked at her mom confused.

with an intense feeling of curiosity running through her, mollie moved herself out of monica's grip and walked over to the small box the bag was hanging out of, cautiously opening the lid of it.

and to her surprise, inside of the box was many replicates of that one bag in different sizes, a small locked box and underneath it all, a stash of damaged posters with the word 'wanted' written at the top and monica's information across the page yet a different name written for the person they were looking for.

"holy shit," mollie mumbled, her mouth dropped open as she scratched the back of her head, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"mollie," monica spoke up as the girl quickly shut the lid before looking over at her, "what are you doing?"

"i just- i uh... i dropped my ring." mollie replied, standing up and walking back over to the couch, "but i found it now."

"try sleep."

"i will," she quickly nodded, watching monica close her eyes once more before mollie turned her head back to the box.

a/n

shits about to go down 😳

also, someone asked if there was a faceclaim or visual representation of diana and here is kind of how i pictured her <3

kerry washington for anyone wondering (: