Chapter 7: Carousel

"I can't use my jujutsu."

—~—

Third Person POV

"Hahhh?!"

(Y/n) flinched at the loud exclamation as Sukuna scrutinized his face in a way that screams a baffled confusion. He wasn't mad at her or anything of that sort but it's just the fact of...

How the hell can you suddenly not use your jujutsu?

"Princess are you messing with me or something?" The pink-haired male narrowed his red eyes at her and nonchalantly stuffed his hands in his pockets. Meanwhile, the curse was shaking in its spot and chattering its teeth at the vast amount of curse energy Sukuna was exuding, "Did you purposefully get hit just so I can 'protect you' or some bs like that? I didn't think you'd be that much of a hopeless romantic."

She sadly shook her head, "No, I really can't activate my jujutsu nor can I extend it anymore."

The (h/c)-nette raised her hand and placed it on his cheek- which normally would have Sukuna frozen by now if she tried- but even he can't feel a smidge of curse energy naturally coming from her.

"What happened then?" He furrowed his eyebrows as the special-grade began to pack curse energy in a dense ball behind him, "Did you make a self-pact?"

"No-" (y/n) began but her (e/c) eyes widened in terror, "SUKUNA BEHIND YOU-!"

She went to cover him as the special-grade had thrown the large, powered attack but it was already deflected by her husband's own curse energy that spawned behind him. (Y/n) released her breath that she didn't realize she was holding and relaxed a tad bit.

Meanwhile, Sukuna hadn't move from his spot and was still focused on her- as if nothing of a threat had occurred at all.

"Then is it a jujutsu?" The pinkette interrogated effortlessly and (y/n) was a bit dumbfounded by how easily he continued the conversation like it was nothing.

"Um, Suki?" The (e/c)-eyed maiden questioned in slight puzzlement and he rose a brow, "Shouldn't we be dealing with that special-grade?"

He let out an annoyed groan and turned around to glare at the overly-frightened curse, "Oi, you there. Just sit tight and wait your turn. I'll deal with you later."

(Y/n) unquestionably sweat-dropped at the very laidback attitude Sukuna is exuding but decided to trust that he knew what he was doing. She then made a crestfallen expression and held out the tattered talisman that she ripped off and presented it to the pinkette.

"The higher ups threatened to kill Yuuji and I if I didn't agree to their extra precautions..." she mumbled as Sukuna grabbed the seal and inspected it, "Gojo said that it represses my curse energy and I should take it off as soon as I can-"

She immediately stopped talking when she noticed how awfully silent and grave her lover became by the second. He lowered his head enough that shadows covered his eyes so she couldn't decipher what he was thinking nor what he was feeling. The (h/c)-haired female hesitantly reached out in an attempt to snap Sukuna out of it but the special-grade had done it for her.

"You fool."

The red-eyed curse lowly muttered as he rotated his body and lifted his arm- and with that, the second cursed ball of energy was dispersed as soon as it came in contact with Sukuna's regenerated hand.

"Ah damn, I healed it," Sukuna spoke disappointedly as his normal, careless attitude seemingly returned, but (y/n) knew him better than that. She could tell he was hiding his rage and murderous intent behind this coy persona, "And didn't I tell you to wait your turn? Well, if you're so impatient...