Chapter 13: Cold

"But that's just one of the things I fell for."

—~—

Third Person POV

She couldn't believe it.

That sweet boy she met the day prior... Was the suspicions true after all? The quiet boy who had a love for films really had something to do with the movie theater incident?

"Junpei!" The distressed female shouted as a mouth on Yuuji's right cheek as the two boys fought with their respective jujutsu, "Please! Let's stop fighting and talk this out!"

But it was futile as the two teenagers fought it out in the hallway of presumably Junpei's high school. (Y/n) watched the whole scene in an anxious terror as she held onto Sukuna every time one of them got hurt. 

"So it was true after all..." the raven-haired boy muttered venomously as he glared at the extra mouth that had formed on Yuuji, "A jujutsu sorcerer and the Queen of Curses... it makes sense why you're going after me! Both of you... Both of you don't understand the value of a life!"

With as much hatred he can muster into negative curse energy, he flung his jellyfish shikigami at the pinkette which enveloped his whole body.

"A jujutsu sorcerer who supposedly exorcises curses and the Queen of Curses herself... you're the reason why this happened to me," the young male spoke bitterly and approached the entrapped sorcerer, "Curses don't have hearts- is that the reason why I found that next to my mother? Because you didn't have a heart, you didn't feel any sympathy for leaving something like that behind?! But even then...

the heart is just the metabolism of the soul."

"Wha..." (y/n) trailed off with widened (e/c) eyes before she used her genuinely, serious tone, "Junpei, tell me honestly. What are you talking about?"

The way he phrased that... something was definitely wrong. She left something behind that could've lead to his mother's death? Sure she was drunk and the goddess of the sun was supposedly taking over her body, but nothing should've had consequences outside of her own soul.

But he decided to ignore her question and glared at Yuuji, "People pretended their emotions are everything, but it's all a delusion! If you were truly a sorcerer, why haven't you killed the curse herself?! Because the King and Queen of Curses still exists... maybe a curse wouldn't have gone after my mom!"

(Y/n) felt it. The amount of anger Yuuji was emitting as he silently let Junpei reveal his innermost thoughts. The brown-eyed boy narrowed his eyes and grabbed Junpei by the back of his shirt before he could leave.

"Who are you making excuses for...?" Yuuji bitterly muttered and went to punch him but was blocked by a jellyfish tentacle at the last second.

"Yuuji! We have to let him talk! There was something wrong with what he said!" (Y/n) exclaimed in hopes that he was listening to her. The said male never responded back and continued to go after their mission target and she could feel her heart ache at both of their pain.

Meanwhile, Sukuna wordlessly let the (h/c)-nette cling to him in fear of the escalating battle as he deeply contemplated something. He was strangely silent and if (y/n) were to look up at him, she would've wondered why he was glaring holes at seemingly nothing. But he was thinking the exact same thing his wife was thinking earlier...

She left something behind...?

He was there the entire time they had met with the brat the day before. More than anything, he would've known if there was a curse nearby too- would he have done anything about that though? Probably not. However, just like his wife, some things weren't adding up.