Chapter 22: Blue Side

"It was originally made from a timed pact... (y/n) might lose her memories altogether if we wait any longer."

—~—

Third Person POV

Was everybody anxious or was it just her? It was either that or they were damn good at acting like they were okay.

"So you're telling me that (l/n)-sensei only has a few more hours until the pact is fully formed?!"

And then there was Yuuji who was asleep the whole time in Sukuna's Innate Domain. No further questions were asked since Gojo's emergency call that everyone piled into the black car and headed to the curse's destination. Sukuna let Yuuji switch- more like Gojo forced him to- so he can be updated on the situation.

"Whoever done this really made me go on a wild goose chase. I was wondering why the curse energy kept appearing at extreme opposites of Japan," Gojo frowned and illegally drove past the speed limit. To be fair, he knew the assistants won't get to the destination fast enough and there wasn't many cars out at 1 AM anyways, "They're trying to make me waste more time when I realized it's much closer...

It's in Gifu prefecture... Kokufu."

The three kids stiffened and cautiously glanced at (y/n) from the corner of their eyes. The said female was in slight shock that whatever caused her predicament was in her village.

"How did you figure out that it was a time-based pact?" Megumi asked and crossed his arms.

"Because it started much earlier than when we thought," he said as everyone turned to him in bewilderment.

"Hah?" Nobara questioned and furrowed her brows, "What do you mean-?"

Gojo made a sudden, sharp turn to the right as the three kids in the back fell over each other like domino pieces. Whoever trusted Gojo to drive must've wanted them dead.

"Couldn't have done that a bit nicer?" Megumi grumbled as he pushed off a fallen Yuuji and Nobara off of him.

"Sorry about that," the tall male apologized but it sounded playful and ingenuine, "But think about it- well this is more for Yuuji to think about since you two were presumably dead for two months. (Y/n)'s been forgetting important mission times and the goddess took over her body. All of this for what? Just because?"

"Now that you mention it, I guess so," Yuuji mumbled as he recollected the times (Y/n) was late for their missions over Junpei and the two months she had to reside in his soul. The said female just watched the two in utter bewilderment but assumed this was what happened to her before the incident.

"So she was already losing her memory for awhile now?" Megumi asked.

"Precisely," the blindfolded man 'tsk'ed at some cars that were out in the middle of the night and dangerously swerved around them, "Which is why this feels more like a trap. Why else would they reside in (y/n)'s hometown and have her lose her memory if it isn't to have both the King and Queen of Curses in their hold? They must have had known that (y/n) won't go with them willingly so they took her memories and frame it on us so Sukuna can attack the school."

"So that's why..." Megumi widened his eyes in realization.

"What?" Yuuji asked as he was the most confused out of everyone there and did not connect any dots.

"That's why you made a pact with the King of Curses, sensei..." the ravenette continued as the two other first-years hit the back of the driver's seat.